Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your definetly not a sad case raychie!! we are all members of this forum cos we want to help each other and get each other through this but most of all to help ourselves =)

Glad your feeling better and i hope you have a fantastic time on your trip =)
    If it makes you happy then it cant be that bad..*

Ok I'm leaving in a weeks time and I'm feeling excited.

So that I can relate to you guys when I'm away I'll print out all your advice and take it with me. A little of you guys will be on holidays with me.

I look forward to giving you the positive feedback when I get home. I'm trying really hard to think positive thoughts and just go with the flow.

(deep down I feel very nervous)

OK, deep breaths will be taken, smiles will be displayed and a bloody good time will be had.

Happy holidays everyone, have a safe time and I'll write you when I get home.

Thank you all once again.

Hi everyone

Well I'm back and I have to say I am soooooooo proud of myself. I went away on holidays and was not anxious once. I can not believe it at all.

It was a long 13 hour drive for the first day which I totally thought would freak me out, but it didn't. I kept thinking to myself the further away I was the more anxious I would get.... I didn't.

There was times were we drove between towns which were an hour apart si it was literally in the middle of nowhere. I started to think about the what if's and then said to myself it was only an anxious thought and it soon went away.

The next day was an easy 4 hour drive so it was ok. When I reached my destination it was so beautiful I was excited. No fear no anxiety the whole time.

I was so relaxed nothing bothered me and no experience was to scary to have.

I feel FANTASTIC! The only down I had was having to come home. I'm off again tomorrow for another 3 days to my brothers house down the bush and I just cant wait to be away again, although this is only 1.5 hours away.

I would really like to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all your ideas and thoughts but most of all caring enough to make the time to write and assist me. I took all your ideas on board and it worked. I had the most amazing time away and I cant wait to go again next year. I'm going to go for twice the length of time for sure next time, nothings holding me back.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. xoxoxox

Hi. Why are you freaking out when your not even there yet?? Also if you have them negative thoughs that you are going to feel very uncomfortable then you will. If i was you i would clear my mind. Just think about having a happy and stress free holiday. set your self goals, Etc go too a mall for 2 hrs and come home, and give your self a pat on the back.. Never think negative or else you will feel unreal and freeky.. Im here for you and i suffer the same thing. Remeber your not the only one going through this hard time. All the best for the trip, Louis.... Sorry its late but it might help for the up coming things you do in your life... feel free to pm or send me a message via email... All the best. Stay postive. You can do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: Afraid to go away on holidays

Quote Originally Posted by raychie
    I have just organised to go away for Christmas with my partner, the thing is its a 2 day drive away and its freaking me out.

I'm not very good at going out of my "comfort zone " and this is a real stretch for me.
    Im worried that I'm going to freak out why I'm away and wont be able to do anything to calm down. I keep thinking 'what if" I have a panic attack that I cant stop it, if I am freaked out I need to come home, what if I cant relax and have fun the whole time I'm away????

We are leaving in 2 weeks and I cant think of anything else but the stress of going. I cant sleep and every minute of the day Im thinking how can I get out of this?.

Is there anyone out there who is going through or has gone through anything like this? I need some help BIG time because I cant relax and its meant to be a holiday
    Avoid stimulants and drink lots of water.

I just wrote a "how to beat anxiety attacks" article in my blog. Go check it out if you want, and I hope it helps you.
    Take it easy,
    Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so pleased to read you had such a fab time!!