Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hi guys, new here 😊

Hey everyone, I just joined this forum. I'm a 26 year old Irish girl living with anxiety most of my life. Sometimes just walking out the front door is enough to make my heart race. I recently started a new job and I'm finding it so difficult to settle due to my social anxiety.. I've spent the last 3 weeks in tears feeling stupid and not good enough. This is a horrible way to live.
    Anyway I guess I'm just hoping to talk to someone who is going through something similar. I don't have friends so life can be pretty lonely at times.. I'll leave it at that for now. Hope I can get to know some great people here.

Hi there! I just joined this forum too. I can relate to what you’re going through. I’ve got really bad anxiety. I have generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety, along with panic disorder and OCD. I get anxiety when I leave the house too. It’s hard for me to do any task because of my anxiety. I don’t have friends either. I’m 18 years old, and you would think I’d have some. I used to, but after I graduated High school last year I’ve lost contact with them.

Welcome to the forum. Never think you are not good enough, as you ARE good enough.

Hi Steve, it's nice to hear from someone who's going through a similar situation. I am 27 now. I think my anxiety was the cause of me losing the friends I had in school. I always cancelled plans.. Not because I didn't want to go but social occasions really bothered me. I recently bumped into one of them in a store one day and it was incredibly awkward.
    I've just started a new job about a month ago and I'm finding it so difficult to settle in. Spend my lunch breaks sitting in my car because its the only time I can relax. It really is starting to get me down now.

Hi Kirk, thank you so much. I have zero self confidence. Always feel like i'm not good enough :/