Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Advice (new here)

Hi all

I will cut a long story short I had really bad health anxiety about 4 years ago, I done cbt along with medication I seemed to get a handle on it and could talk myself down quite easily. Anyway I came
    Off the medication and have been off for about 2 years now but it seems to have flared back up!!

I had a bit of an episode today where I fell asleep for an hour and in that hour I dreamt I had very bad chest pains, when I woke up I felt like it hadn’t been a dream and my chest was really tight and I felt like my heart had been racing, I have felt terrible all day after this episode.

I was wondering if this happens to anyone else?? Or is this something I should have checked out?? I have already been to my gp and they have put everything thing I am feeling down to anxiety but I am not so sure, I do feel like because they know I have anxiety they always say it is my anxiety.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Anxietyqueen, do you think your GP does a thorough job?

If not, then I think getting a second opinion from a qualified medical doctor would be a good idea.

Do you think their's no point in not getting a second opinion, because after all, it's not going to hurt to do so, right?