Reverse Psychology without the judgement - Don't Fight - Don't Run - Find out what it wants ... then give it what it wants. Just be sure to do so with love.
I’m sitting here looking at the clinical report that was used to pension me off back in 2012: ‘Mr -------- has a history of clinical depression, generalised anxiety, and social phobia with some agoraphobia, and displays a number of obsessive traits. He has also been treated in the past for Bipolar Disorder, Type I. These disorders impact My -------‘s functioning in a number of significant ways:’
The report goes on to detail these impacts and further breaks down each impairment to finally surmise my significant mental health issues as being of long standing duration and unlikely to remit. Thus I was pensioned off!

It’s been several years now + 30 or more psychotherapy sessions latter with an updated report which pretty much consolidates the one that preceded it back in 2012. I’m pleased to report there has been no more episodes with employment agencies involving me making a scene with a petrol can and rope. I’ve even managed to come of my meds and remain medication free.

So What’s This Thread All About?

It’s about a PEER who understands 1st hand the struggles of living with mental illness. Someone who is reaching out from lived experience but not handcuffed by status or employment. I’ve recently been elected by one of the mental health psychosocialization facilities I attend as a peer representative on a community advisory council. The ethos as I understand it is all about ‘What can we do to improve …’ For the most part I’ve been adapting this principle to remaining stable without the need for mental health medication, employment and or a number of other atypical preconditioned prescriptions.
I’m just another forum user much like I am an active service user. My only difference is that I prefer the unorthodox approach. The latter is something I really hope to discuss among other things all relating to how many of us today cling to our labels like sorry lost souls feeding their demons.

I feel for many of us the trap is how we see our lables. We see them like we see people and then we fall into the dynamic of unhealthy relations. Before continuing on with my next post, I now share the following video. I do so in context with those negative attachments and addictions have with our self-imposed labels:

- Challenging & Insightful - (Anxiety, Depression, Isolation, Vulnerability and the dynamics of addiction in general)

Another interesting perspective in the link below:
*Note - when reading I benefited from a mental health perspective re attachment and addictions to our illness by replacing people and relations with my labels.
How To Feed Your Demons