Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    ... I apologize in advance if my future response seems like I have missed many marks. I can say for now though I really like the way you engage on many angles with this post. I need more time to process as getting late for me. Cuppa and I have another read.

Thx Ross ... I know there are others here that also appreciate your gifted expression. Is good to play chess with a more skillful player. Your teaching is well received. I keep reading.
    After reading my reply you'll understand why you don't have to explain to me any need for reasonable adjustment, such as individual processing time

Just off the top of my head without really being in a state to process and reply in turn (not that I ever could at such a level is very much above my grade) ... my complaint is not one to seek damages. The way things are I am ready to give up on the National Redress NS. I am in now way educated enough to understand the legal system to such a degree. In fact it's ludicrous to think that most disabled could ever hope to follow the path so set before them in terms of the above. I can also say that it's quite sad when one considers that limited ability (hand tied) advocacy that is afforded to such a group.

Yes ... it does seem like an unlikely event. None the less I will write up what I need to write up ... I'll tell my story all the same.

Again I like all you angles. I read your response in its entirety. I apologize once more that I am too tired to even attempt to reply on such a levle. Nevertheless it was an awesome read. I am very grateful Ross. please do keep telling it like it is.

At the end of the day ... regardless of the complicated laws and the limitations / restrictions in place ... I will no longer participate and allow myself to be abused.

More to follow with regard to my own experiences regardless of how hopeless things may look. I will do what I must do so that I can move on and do more than just hope.

Thx again Ross ... talk soon.

AWESOME POST !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rosspark View Post
    After reading my reply you'll understand why you don't have to explain to me any need for reasonable adjustment, such as individual processing time
    ... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    At the end of the day ... regardless of the complicated laws and the limitations / restrictions in place ... I will no longer participate and allow myself to be abused.
    That's exactly what I was getting at. You diminish yourself, as you actually do get it. Like you I choose to no longer engage with the complaints process as yes it amounts to re-abuse. Remember these laws were created by the powerful, so they will continue to benefit the powerful. These policies and processes are akin to breadcrumbs, give them just enough food to survive but not enough to empower them to overthrow your system. In the words of Juvenal, "Bread and circuses, bread and circuses!"

All good. Not diminishing - Just trying to remain respectful. I'm just logging in this response so I don't forget. When I say I am done participating, I also mean I'm done doing so on many levels. Those in power only have power if you feed them. If you no longer fear them, they no longer exist.

My fears have been based on welfare reforms and the expectation for continual reviews. The same rock bottom that lead me to taking petrol can and rope into employment agency is where I am now once again at. This time however, I am more resigned to giving up the fear that was attached with the rubber stamp. Predispositions are very real for the mentally I'll, however 'acting out' is just as detrimental. I'm done dancing to the tune of my labels. I chose a new path and let others define my labels.

I have psychiatrist apointment tommorow. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with in due course. Have more sessions to go yet for that. If I get the chance I also tell him how I give up. I'll tell him I'm back into Sun Gazing and lucid dreaming once more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz