Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Hybrid View

In my "chosen" curriculum studies I learned the "intelligent" contributors to the Pioneer Plaque placed on board the 1972 Pioneer 10 and 1973 Pioneer 11 spacecraft, proposed, and developed, a pictorial message, in case either probe intercepted extraterrestrial life, of the Earth and its Moon, effectively providing the "road-map" to our galactic doorstop. I saw no wisdom in the eagerness to be found and approached by any intelligence with the ability to accomplish it from any sector of space. In the meetings between "discoverers" and "discoverees," history has always given the advantage to the finders. In the case of the Jupiter plaque, I feel that a tremendous issue was thoughtlessly taken out of the world forum by a few individuals who marked a clear path to our door. My point is: who will come knocking – the trader or the tiger? Remember, everything’s for sale, and the Redress Scheme’s model is further proof of this.

Remember too, you know you're normal:
    >When you get compassion fatigue but are never tired of being judgemental and selfish;
    >When you say to a person who gives up the ratrace to follow their dreams: are you mad?
    >When you never complain to people who are in a superior social position to you but go straight for the easy targets
    >When despite being more at risk from a 9 to 5er coming out of a pub or a family member, you think mad people are dangerous
    >When you think a taxpayer has more worth than those who pay taxes
    >When you say humanitarian entrants have come to this country to steal your job even though you are not a toilet cleaner or janitor, or say they are here for the cushy life, yes, you usually do want that after you’ve been tortured or have lost a family member to a violent regime
    >When you don’t worry about a Third World that is manmade, because the running shoes it cheaply produces look good on you
    >When you don’t worry about pollution or the wars that come out of oil, because cars represent freedom

Given this is what normal has become in our society, screw normal. I choose empathy!
    Last edited by rosspark; 07-18-2018 at 04:17 AM.