Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Hey there Ross. It took me a bit to get going today. Ended up checking into this Mental Health online Chat - I checked into the depression room and started off quite depressed myself. ... I smile in hindsight though. I ended up meeting an online gamer who plays World of Tanks. I shared a video with him from my channel ... one with me playing a flute. He ended up adding me to his friends list on World of Tanks.

I'm still feeling really depleted with the process of bla bla bla ... chuckles whilst yawning.

We can get through this Ross. You nailed it before with the way being supporting each other. Helping others as best we can. It feels good when others encourage us.

I have nothing insightful for tonight ... just checking in with ya. Thanks for doing the same!

The best contacts are the ones that last. ... But then nothing lasts for ever. That said I enjoy the moments as they come.

Here's to many more.

Rest well my friend. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ross fantastic analysis, so many valids points, You intrigue me
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    It took me a bit to get going today.
    Can identify with that. While "work" forces me to physically "get going", my brain takes longer sometimes or I constantly feel like I'm tracking through a war zone and never quite fully present.

I'm still feeling really depleted with the process...
    Because we were wound up to have expectations of it... that's the problem isn't it. Processes will never be sufficient when they are taken control of by those in power.

We can get through this Ross. You nailed it before with the way being supporting each other. Helping others as best we can. It feels good when others encourage us.
    Yes

I have nothing insightful for tonight ... just checking in with ya. Thanks for doing the same!
    Every post doesn't have to be insightful

Here's to many more.

Rest well my friend. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    You too.
    Last edited by rosspark; 07-20-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Hope your having a good weekend Ross?

Here's a photo outside my front door looking down towards a treeline that offers up an interesting walk. It was where I took my grandson for his first bush walk and put together the video I linked of in my other thread. This perspective makes me regret selling my drone. I will say though, other than the paranoia of drones spying on people - they are very noisy and kill the joy how I use a drone to photograph nature - and the at times people in their unnatural habitats. In this I do like people photography but losing interest as I'm not back to disconnecting from society

Actually here is another tree line with a cheesy quote that I could give more somber meaning by adding how it's often, that I think about 'hanging' from a tree. Something in me tells me that there is a less painful way, albeit a long drawn out existence whilst living in timber and brick boxes far removed from the trees. Breaking the strong hold that binds me to these keys is no easy task whilst I seek to sit beneath the trees:

My Preferred Method for HANGING Beneath The Trees

Last edited by Imperfect; 07-21-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Hope you still with us Ross and that your weekend went well.

I still got plenty of crap going on. Don't let all those nature photos put you off. LOL Just kidding. There's a time for purging and a time for not. In fact going into the bush or sticks as was the case in above photo, whilst all bent out of shape can make the solace even more despairingly felt ... but I think in a good way under controlled conditions. Either by regulating time spent in that space and or by bringing a friend along.

Here is a photo I took on that same trip:

I'm kind of in that head space right now, but also looking to nature to ease my mind. Whilst I love walking for all the good I know it does for me, I just really want nothing to do with people out in the world right now. In here is different. The singing up process is not as involved and fortunately this forum does not hand cuff us like many others. Man ... I really need to let go of a lot of shit.

I'm going through that space where once one part of the roof caves in all the rest starts to come tumbling down. My mentor left his position and there is no one to replace him just yet, the other day the Manager of the Mental Health Facility I go to could not help himself and publicly humiliated me in front of a farewell gathering. 'More complaints' ... that one being the final straw in my giving up on all my mental health supports. As related to society that is. With the way things happened for my at the Sydney Mental Health Conference ... it was to be expected. I am not aligned with main stream mental health practices and find their adaption of mindfulness and alternative strategies quite damaging due to the lack of compassion. In fact this whole thing of continually challenging and then asking people to sit in their discomfort is the focus of me 'Wife's' complaint to the Australian Human Rights Commission. SIGH ... I am smiling ... it;s another case of 'Here We Go Again!'

It's nice to see my wife upset over it though. She knows that in my most needful state with all the other stuff going on, (Quest Care Liquidation, NDIS Request for Review, National Redress, Mentor Leaving with no replacement, New Psychiatrist / Cold Case) and now this manager who is known for his overbearing manner ... Well ... my wife has a new project taking up a Discriminatory Case. It just seems to be what we do. Fair enough too. I'm feeling OK with it as it actually makes for a good distraction from the redress issue where there is no real rush ... I'll get onto that next week after we deal with "Flourish" / The manager and the associated Company. My initial complaint although at times is a little emotional highlights well the conflict I have endured trying to resist the BS methods in which they use to control ... rather than offer a place of safety and security. Just like the redress process it's all about the organizers agenda which it rarely sort for the best inertness of the byproduct.

My son summed that up quite well last during a catch up phone call. "Throwing money at the Mentally Ill - Worse Thing Ever" Sigh ... I really am over that shit. I think my wife's complain is more on par! It actually deals with core issues and how the system creates the pain and suffering.

Anwaysssss ... I accept my part in all that too. Regardless of the labels that society requires to define me ... my status ... my reason ... my required excuse as to why I am not spinning currency to which defines human worth. Time for me walk ... (I'll just avoid people - for now) ... then to get on with all this letting go.

I'll let my wife take control for now with respect to letter and all the BS paper work ... I'm going to work on finding a new wilderness spot I can reach on my pushbike.

Adios ... until next post.

Whilst I love walking for all the good I know it does for me,
    I'm hearing you, clocking up sixty or so k's a week.

I just really want nothing to do with people out in the world right now.
    I'm hearing that too. I work in Human Services so can't escape people until I arrive home and shut the world out. I've been wanting to do that more often these past few years, and finding each year harder because I can't. My recent trip to Melbourne City was to scope my permanent exit, as I don't want to do it at home. I just have so much to get sorted at home before I can complete my will and properly finalise.

I'm going through that space where once one part of the roof caves in all the rest starts to come tumbling down.
    The roof is there to prevent the world of shit collapsing on top of me.

In fact this whole thing of continually challenging and then asking people to sit in their discomfort is the focus of me 'Wife's' complaint to the Australian Human Rights Commission. SIGH ... I am smiling ... it;s another case of 'Here We Go Again!'
    I’ve been down the AHRC path several times in the past. Howard’s outgoing legacy was to strip away their powers, so conciliation is all you have and if a resolution can’t be reached that way, it’s off to the Federal Circuit Court and if you lose, the accused comes after you for full legal costs. Conciliation is not something I’m in support of after, as all it’s really about is subduing discord which is what’s required in instances of discrimination as there’s such a huge power differential in the first place.

Hey there Ross. Nice to hear from you again. I hope you get lot of what you need sorted out so you can just focus on being you sooner than later. I don't have much faith in the complaints dept but I have always found it a great way to give up and move on. My wife and I have been doing it all our lives and have found it's not just what's in the complain but how you go about it. This more so for one's own peace of mind - as well as reaching the minds of those who can effect changes. Yes in the end the corrupt system will continue as it does. That said, it is good to rock the boat when it's deceptively calm and abusing so many in that illusionary state. Sadly too many sheep. The system is good with deception this day and age.

The Freedom of Information laws where changed in NSW back around 1998 or 95 (memory failing so much gone on since then) as a direct result of the amount of information my wife and I obtained and used against NSW Dept of Child and Corrective Services AKA DOCS) - now know as Child Protection Services / Family & Community Services. Long story short a number of community services workers within that dept where backdating reports and had falsified information against myself. Other than accessing information (pertaining to myself) I also acquired a mass amount of information from doctors, schools, psychologists through my own ability to communicate (as it was back then) the end result was that after I had nailed (Through some relevant complaints commission) DOCS to the wall with their own records, other than retraining the offending government workers (which you and I would of been sacked immediately and possibly charged with a criminal offense) the governments response was to tighten laws in regards to the FIO Freedom of Information act. There was no apologizes of any form. I did however use this information elsewhere and eventually after a long drawn out 'battle' won custody of my son. Unfortunately the impact of all that, judging, proving & denigration on all sides (judges, lawyers, barristers and plaintives) many of us came out the other end worse for ware ... regardless of being afforded what others may call a win. Sadly my eldest son when on to become a crack addict and display all my own traits if not worse. Then hell calls my no more than two nights ago in tears apologizing for all the pain has caused. Tragic - absolutely tragic ... As he is pouring his heart out I think about my own shitting life and all the pain I have caused. The insanity in all this is seeing the system for what it is and how it blatantly creates suffering in its own desire to facility greed. Alas ... I understand about owning our own shit ... I get that. For now my point is despite that BS in the complaints process ... and despite my so called win ... I did get what I want through speaking out. If I had not, my Son ... all things considered as it was ... could of wound up dead. I could of wound up dead. I care less for the desire to give up attachments when it comes to my kids ... at least when so young and vulnerable. It's a justice thing I have and I don't see it as some kind of fucked up autistic trait as so many people claim that it is. I can't stand to to the system fucking up lives ... is as simple as that.

Another story already told but I quickly tell you ... was when working in the Disability Field (more so psychical and intellect impaired) - My own traits not withstanding. I was always in conflict with the way I saw the clients treated there. Although I made close friends with my coordinator and casual acquaintances within the work place, I was disliked very much by those we refer to as Koalas and even more by the admin. They treated my like they had made a mistake. I was always making notifications to breaches of polices and procedures by way of communication book. This meant that staff who were not been performing their tasks and not seeing to the needs of clients had to actually do their job. Clients were not being fed properly, allowed to wander off, their homes used as if owned by staff members with complacent acts of abuse. The company was hiring people with either no credentials or desire to really want to do the job. It as a sub contracting role. People were not being paid accordingly and all kinds of threats being held other the staff with regards $$$. I think my own background as a victim to abuse plays strongly into my 'autistic trait of justice [pffft] ) Admins response to my complaints against them, was to use the staff members who despised me for making them accountable and come up with their own accusations against me. I was cornered in an interview without any support and later publicly fired by head office in full view at a public conference. I was like WOE ... what the fuck is this about. It's kind of what just recently took place at end of last week with the manager of the Flourish Hevery Bay (Flourish Australia) mental health facility.

SO back to LIFE WITHOUT BARRIERS mob who just publicly fired me. My wife and I start another campaign like the one we did when I was self representing in the fight for me son. By the time we got through all the powers that be ... Disability Services QLD had no problem shaking the shit out of LIFE WITHOUT BARRIERS and within a matter of months after that complaint - guess what - NEW LAW IN MADE - (aprox 2008-2009)All disability workers MUST HAVE a Cert III in Disability + Relevant Studies. My coordinator (Then Boss - best boss I ever had!) I mentioned as my close friend in above story - Leaves that organisation and went on to establish his own successful Disability Company. One of the first to utilize NDIS. Of course Certifications are not full proof and will still see Koalas employed and companies still exploit in the name of outcomes and money just as NDIS is turning out to be detrimental for many of the disabled. Point is ... I feel despite the shortcoming in complaints and the corruption ... still a lot of good can be done. That coordinater who encourages me and inspires me was in fact my support person down at the Sydney Mental Health Conference - he is the one picture above.

Now ... the irony of what happened down in Sydney follows the same suit with all the above ... first I have a cuppa as this is helping me before I begin working on Notes for me wife .. regarding the NEW CAMPAIGN we are now in full swing with regarding FLOURISH AUSTRALIA
    Last edited by Imperfect; 07-24-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Ramble Continues:

Systemic Abuse:
    My Support Person & Long Time Friend assists me in communicating my concerns at 'Flourish Australia' Community Advisory Conference 2018
    Head Office - 5 Figtree Drive, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127

Discriminatory Practices that Marginalize Challenging Individuals that Results in Systemic Abuse.

Outcomes Vs Individuals.

Yes Yes ... More Drama ... Better out than in:

Open Book - No one listens so as may as well just write my book in here. Note* despite a few edits, this is not polished stuff. I'm just freestyling as best I can. Terms will need to be reworded and made relevant with respect to the discrimination that is rife within disability companies that care more for their funded outcomes than they do for meeting their client's needs. Bias or not regarding my own struggles with employment, the focus on employment being the measuring stick to gauging a clients success is imo one of the major elements that exacerbates and deteriorates the mental illness of those clients, struggle to meet the prerequisite (outcomes) in order that a service provider maintain it's funding. This would be the main concern I wanted to relay, with respect to the failing events currently present to the office within my region and what I was hearing at the conference.

It could be said better, but I think my point is clear enough. I remained quite on my first day at the conference with my support worker, listening on with great interest - as he knew what my goals were and was in agreement with my intention, however did warn me to pick my moment.

All the gloss with the finely tuned laid out tables, food, drink, trimming and all else aside - All we heard that day was how grand it was that everyone was succeeding thorough employment. Such and such is no longer volunteering ... they have now flourished with paid employment. More emphasis on the mechanics of Open Employment, how flourish is leading the way in Mental Illness and Employment - Employment this and Employment that. It's important to understand the extreme relationship here between Government Funding and Employment as it relates to assisting people with Disabilities. How does this relate in terms of discrimination down the chain with those of us on Disability Pensions for an inability to remain employed?

I'll get to that. First is to understand just how strong this emphasis on the OUTCOMES and and how and why this emphasis on Paid Employment means so much, and how it overshadows those from a Volunteering perspective. How this leads to lack of encouragement for more affected individuals struggling to maintain "Daily Living!" The later is where the 'Over Emphasis' (need to be reworded) on Employment - winds up disabling those struggling already deemed unemployable. These individuals, many on a Disability Pension which requires a permanent conditions. In the case of mental illness it's not uncommon for the impairments to result from an inability to meet 'challenges.'

Challenges?

A term I will use, as is one of many concepts being used to control the flow and direction to meet those outcomes. Not everyone caving in to the pressure to fit in is on a disability. In this case, the force at which this employment outcome is pushed is quite extreme. The indignity faced down at the local employment office for those not fitting in is constantly met with deceptions and belittling. (Constant Conflict) Comes down to Living The Lie. You are encouraged to lie in your resumes, hide the truth about your barriers and list job applications that you never really applied for. On and on ... Living the lie. Whilst for some people this is seemingly easy to do ( I would argue, it eventually catches up on a person's worth and impacts greatly on mental health) It's a hole other story which leads into the petrol can episode for me ... yadda yadda. Let's just stick with the fact the the OUTCOME 'IS' MORE IMPORTANT THAN A INDIVIDUALS NEEDS! Forget about the conditioning to morals, ideals and all else that relates to how the system would collapse if we actually addressed the needs of those who clearly do not fit into said system. More meaning a collapse in the living standard of those so well equipped. The facts remain that this system of forcing individuals to not only live a lie but also punishes them when they are unable to do so. After much suffering and abuse for those unable - through all the checks and balances ... when once becomes more disabled ... they will be either streamed or pensioned off.

From there those individuals with their preexisting and now new found mental illness who are really deemed as 'Broken In Need of Fixing - In Need of Improving' are swept up be 'Community Service Providers' now coming under the NDIS. New Welfare Reforms Negatively Impacting on Mental Health with onus on ... Guess What → Job Creation. That's right. Services designed to help disabled people gives more emphasis to the support available with more focus on Job Creation than it does for the need for those with the illness.

Example: - Instead of paying for a Gym Membership - Assistance relating to Exercise in this manner can only be accessed if a Personal Trainer is employed regardless of whether the affected person is able to work out without trainer. In fact forcing some individuals to be assisted in using recovery tools when that assistance is not needed often creates more conflict so the otherwise utilized service that could of been of help is not accessed at all due to the outcomes (Job Creation) being more important than the individuals need. Do you understand where I am going with that?

So lets take that concept of failing - The systems of Outcomes Vs Individuals Needs and expose that within the POS Peers Operated Services with the Mental Health Industry.

Above more an outline to the concept in that. Personal experiences to follow:

Hey there Ross. Nice to hear from you again.
    Thank you Dave. And to you also.

I hope you get lot of what you need sorted out so you can just focus on being you sooner than later.
    Thank you. One of my impairments makes this harder to resolve in a timely manner, and I am struggling to hang in there in the interim but I must push through so I don’t leave a huge mess behind beyond my physical body.

I don't have much faith in the complaints dept but I have always found it a great way to give up and move on.
    I have found submitting complaints in the long-term to increase risk of PTSD since underneath we genuinely want to see systemic change. Complaints raise issues individually so work entirely against that. I want systemic change so can no longer expose myself to that system.

My wife and I have been doing it all our lives and have found it's not just what's in the complain but how you go about it. This more so for one's own peace of mind - as well as reaching the minds of those who can effect changes.
    In recent years organisations have been getting more and more legal advice that they don’t even have to attend formal conciliation processes so this avenue will unlikely ever effect any change.

Your detail re: the FoI is absolutely criminal but less surprising these days, sadly. I am really sorry you had to experience that. That’s why I have such a love for John Tomlinson from UQ. He started off as a Bachelor of Social Work student and his first job was in NT working for Dept of Children Services (back in the sixties). He noted the stolen generation early, and so spent time identifying each White/ European family Aboriginal children had been placed with and visited them reclaiming them and handing them back to their biological parents. He was fired for supposed misconduct, temporarily jailed and out of the experience wrote “Is Band-Aid Social Work Enough” and continues to agitate today.

Another story already told but I quickly tell you ... was when working in the Disability Field (more so psychical and intellect impaired) - My own traits not withstanding. I was always in conflict with the way I saw the clients treated there. Although I made close friends with my coordinator and casual acquaintances within the work place, I was disliked very much by those we refer to as Koalas and even more by the admin.
    What is this term "Koalas"? Having a visible disability, and being articulate and knowing all the relevant legislation, I have likewise been respected on the ground by colleagues but increasingly despised by management as I no longer hold my tongue and name things up. The whole concept of accessibility by retrofit, instead of design, always forces to my prefrontal cortex what I learned from the US Supreme Court decision of Plessy v. Ferguson, that is, that separate solutions are not equal solutions. Sadly disability legislation in Australia has at its foundation the concept of reasonable adjustment which is based on the corollary that disability access needs are not necessarily reasonable when access should always be identified first as equitable and a human right. Until that language changes, separateness will come before true equality and inclusivity.

Have you seen Spike Lee's film, Malcolm X? If not, it’s really worth your seeking out. In the film Spike frames it to reinforce Malcolm’s most important message love blackness, to love black culture. Malcolm insisted that loving blackness itself was an act of resistance in a white dominated society. By exposing the internalised racial self-hatred that deeply penetrated the psyches of U.S. colonised black people, Malcolm taught that blacks could decolonise their minds by coming to blackness to be spiritually renewed, transformed. He believed that, only then, could blacks unite to gain the equality they rightfully deserved… It is equally important for us as disabled persons to recognise what it means to live as a disabled person in a physicalist society – that is, one which places its value on physical agility. When our bodies do not work like able-bodied person’s bodies, we’re devalued. Our oppression by able-bodied persons is rife with the message:
    There is something wrong, something “defective” with us – because we experience a disability… We must identify with ourselves and others like us. Like Malcolm sought for his race, we must build a culture which will unify us and enable us to gain our human rights.

So back to my earlier reference to the US Supreme Court decision of Plessy v. Ferguson in 1896, famous for confirming the doctrine "separate but equal", allowing state-sponsored segregation, our current approach to disability discrimination mirrors this doctrine. That is, for much of the law establishing the rights of various minority populations, the rejection of the separate but equal mentality, articulated in the latter U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Brown v. Board of Education in 1954, serves as the core foundation of protection for being included. As a result, under most human rights laws, the expressed goal is the creation of environments, services and technologies that are equally inclusive of all populations. All human rights laws in Australia – with the exception of disability rights laws – are based on an anti–differentiation approach, meaning that anyone has protections under the law if they are being discriminated against. Thus, laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or age protect all citizens from any of these forms of discrimination and give all citizens standing to identify and challenge such discrimination, regardless of whether they are the direct victims of the discrimination.

In contrast, disability rights laws in Australia have been built on an anti–subordination approach, meaning that rights are only available if one is a member of the legally defined class of people protected and can prove that one is a member of the class. Thus, people experiencing disability are the only group that has active responsibility under the law to enforce their own rights and petition for equality when it is not already available. This difference means that disability rights laws are much harder to enforce, since people experiencing disability must first prove that they have standing under the law, something no other population must do under human rights laws.

In most cases, the main recourse for persons experiencing disability is to file a discrimination claim in the court system. For discrimination claims against private entities, the cases enter the civil court system, while discrimination claims against Federal government agencies enter the administrative law courts. Claims against state and local governments can go straight to civil court or can be filed with an enforcement agency for investigation. This approach places a curious burden on people experiencing disability to be able to afford legal counsel and have the time to file a case to assert their rights. Persons experiencing disability are also the only population required to prove their qualifications under the law to file a disability discrimination claim. Many cases filed under disability rights law are actually dismissed because the courts have taken a very narrow perspective as to who should be covered by the law, frequently not allowing cases to be heard because the court decides the plaintiff is not “sufficiently disabled” or something similar. Although “discrimination law has a weak history of enforcement” due to budgetary, bureaucratic, and administrative constraints, these issues are particularly prominent in terms of disability rights. Another barrier to enforcement is the fact that people with disabilities cannot receive damages against private entities under the DDA.

Given these requirements, courts have not been generally receptive to disability discrimination cases. Cases filed under the Disability Discrimination Act are lost by persons experiencing disability up to 96 percent of the time. The only group of litigants less successful in court than people claiming disability discrimination is prisoner plaintiffs, who rarely have representation by counsel. Perhaps more significantly, the High Court has spent the last two decades significantly limiting the disability rights laws passed by the Commonwealth, and many state courts and state legislatures have followed the lead of the High Court. Many states have changed state disability rights laws to mirror the limitations imposed by the High Court on Federal laws, while other states have strengthened state laws to counter the rulings of the High Court. Most distressingly, the majority opinion in High Court decisions on disability dismiss the history of discrimination against persons with disabilities as exaggerated and inconsequential.

This anti-subordination approach to disability rights also results in many laws allowing or directly encouraging the creation of separate versions in many contexts. Under various disability rights laws, buildings, public services, educational settings, and technologies – along with many other examples – can occur in separate versions for people with disabilities and for everyone else. The result of this approach is the creation of two separate versions to do the same thing, such as stairs and ramps, or the creation of an after-the-fact accessible version available perhaps years after the inaccessible version. The endorsement of this approach serves as an acceptance of separate but equal, a concept Brown seemingly rejected for all populations.
    Last edited by rosspark; 07-25-2018 at 03:40 AM.

... I apologize in advance if my future response seems like I have missed many marks. I can say for now though I really like the way you engage on many angles with this post. I need more time to process as getting late for me. Cuppa and I have another read.

Thx Ross ... I know there are others here that also appreciate your gifted expression. Is good to play chess with a more skillful player. Your teaching is well received. I keep reading.