Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How to Feed Our Demons - The Mental Health Approach -

Reverse Psychology without the judgement - Don't Fight - Don't Run - Find out what it wants ... then give it what it wants. Just be sure to do so with love.
    I’m sitting here looking at the clinical report that was used to pension me off back in 2012: ‘Mr -------- has a history of clinical depression, generalised anxiety, and social phobia with some agoraphobia, and displays a number of obsessive traits. He has also been treated in the past for Bipolar Disorder, Type I. These disorders impact My -------‘s functioning in a number of significant ways:’
    The report goes on to detail these impacts and further breaks down each impairment to finally surmise my significant mental health issues as being of long standing duration and unlikely to remit. Thus I was pensioned off!

It’s been several years now + 30 or more psychotherapy sessions latter with an updated report which pretty much consolidates the one that preceded it back in 2012. I’m pleased to report there has been no more episodes with employment agencies involving me making a scene with a petrol can and rope. I’ve even managed to come of my meds and remain medication free.

So What’s This Thread All About?

It’s about a PEER who understands 1st hand the struggles of living with mental illness. Someone who is reaching out from lived experience but not handcuffed by status or employment. I’ve recently been elected by one of the mental health psychosocialization facilities I attend as a peer representative on a community advisory council. The ethos as I understand it is all about ‘What can we do to improve …’ For the most part I’ve been adapting this principle to remaining stable without the need for mental health medication, employment and or a number of other atypical preconditioned prescriptions.
    I’m just another forum user much like I am an active service user. My only difference is that I prefer the unorthodox approach. The latter is something I really hope to discuss among other things all relating to how many of us today cling to our labels like sorry lost souls feeding their demons.

I feel for many of us the trap is how we see our lables. We see them like we see people and then we fall into the dynamic of unhealthy relations. Before continuing on with my next post, I now share the following video. I do so in context with those negative attachments and addictions have with our self-imposed labels:

- Challenging & Insightful - (Anxiety, Depression, Isolation, Vulnerability and the dynamics of addiction in general)

Another interesting perspective in the link below:
    *Note - when reading I benefited from a mental health perspective re attachment and addictions to our illness by replacing people and relations with my labels.
    How To Feed Your Demons

very nice, welcome back Mr. Ponder
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

D! You little Devil!

Hope your feeling better and that you have a good day doing what you do. I surf around later to find more info on how to be friends with ourselves; even when we find it hard to breathe! On that note, I do hope your finding relief?

Day was not good and my sinuses are trying to push mi to committing something bad, seriously they are driving me crazy, I am on steroids, on herbs, rinsing it 3 times a day, I am already insane
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

- I have nothing insightful to say D - Just concerned for you. I struggle a lot with my nasal issues myself and understand just how demoralizing it can get; especially at night when I try to sleep. For me it's like slowly suffocating to death and the lack of oxygen during the most crucial stage of the brains down time for healing means it effects my cognitively. That said - breathing during the day whereby one only breaths through the mouth also leads to more problems associated with the throat. There are ways that work for me, but since many of us claim we are all different I won't harp on about that.

Here's hoping that you'll find something that works for you and that in the mean time you'll be able to endure the hardships that comes from serious sinus issues.

On another note ... I am catching up on the remake of that 80s scif TV series known as V

I loved the part the daughter played in Star Gate SG1 as the Ori Queen:

V 2009

Last edited by Ponder; 05-05-2018 at 08:35 PM.

V is turning out to be a good watch all things considered. Each to their own of course.

D - Family Court is pressing and the little one is likely to soon be traumatized with increased visits and the dreaded overnights. Sadly it looks unavoidable. I think it's time I started searching for 'social stories' on child abuse to teach my grandson that SMACKING is a huge NO NO ... that it's ABUSE. Of course the reality is that the father comes from a religious background (also patriotic) ... which as you know ... they make the worst abusers in all its forms.

Alas ... time to find more social stories ... on touching - depriving - emotional taunting - playing favorites and so on. Bullying and all it's forms. Sadly he may still be in nappies which is going to be a recipe for disaster as was the reason he used to beat he other kids. One thing the family report did get right - is that the father must accept the child's diagnosis of autism before overnight visits or any change to current orders be changed. Alas ... it's really BS as we have been told if we do not accept the proposals as sort from the other side that funding for defense will be pulled and that further attempts to reason our concerns will result in a penalty by forcing the child to be subject for longer visits. TALK ABOUT INTIMIDATION TACTICS that make the children suffer for those who dare to challenge authority. I mean when you have the evidence and you appeal a decision based on one's devotion for justice with only the intention for the child's best interest in mind ... the system threatens to make life harder on children who've they have already deemed the child at risk. Like WTF ... there response to people wishing to appeal being met with threats! Society can go fuck itself!!!

No wonder we have so many down and outs! SIGH ......

I got to get a grip on this because in the end I know the little one will be forced at some point. I'm just still processing as this was the result from the days proceedings. It happens every time like this with still more days ahead before it's resolved and ongoing of course as is life. At least we have bided much needed time and built a pretty good case ... made this fella accountable in other ways and set the stage for denying access (of course with threat of criminal action on the mother - courts famous for victimizing and supporting abusers - already alluded how corrupt that bastards are in paragraph above)

Grrrrrrrr Is hard to find social stories for the little ones to watch and learn about things like this. They have a few social stories online for sexual abuse ... would be nice to find some that deal in all areas of abuse. I wish I could make cartoons myself and then I could script my own stories and upload for others ... fuck knows there are many who would benefit from such reality.

I could rant about how the school the little one is being prepped in uses a BELL that's not a BELL but a fucking SIREN that goes off between periods that sounds like a fucking invasion force is about to land. Actaully I give a FTW hysterical laugh at that one ... I mean how much more controlling than that can you fucking get. What an institutional fear instilling stand over technique is that. Alas ... not up to me to convince or choose his schooling as is not for me to dress and feed him. We have influenced enough in other areas in positive ways ... things could actually be a lot worse. Just saying what a fucked world we really live in despite all these bliss seekers who refuse to associate with anything buzzing below a million beats per second. Selfish Cunts they be. Grrrrrrr - cut ties and run at the first sign of low frequency. lol again ... cowards ... to think they talk in terms of angles and warriors of light. PFFFFFFT fucking new age tophy nose yuppies with fuck all life experience ... to scared to commit to anything but their own reflection.

Sigh....

OK ... Moving on ... Pats his demon on the head and preps his grandson for the nightmare ahead. I'll develop some kind of survival psychology shielding and be prepped for energy clearings when he gets back ... not sure who is going to fix me though? Lately I feel like I am building his strength up so he can endure each visit he currently has ... as when he gets back I can see the exhaustion from the truma ... we start all over again with building his energy back up ... only to watch it depleted each time he is forced to endure and so on.

In my next life I am not having kids ... In my next life I am not having kids ... In my next life I am not having kids ...

Just setting up a subconscious reminder for if ever I just so happen to pop back into existence ... I don't suffer like this all over again. I'm getting too old for this shit.

OK - Poppy rant over and done with.

PS - Esxcuse the discomfort of my transparency ... thought it was the least I could give back to the universe.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-08-2018 at 04:43 AM.

it is awful , but it is temporary you mark my words, he gets the visits and after two or three he will make excuses not to see little ones. His temper can not be controlled and he is a bit (abuser) scared about consequences. The child had the condition and must be treated according to it. Not according to the abuser will. He is fighting in court to belittle you and your daughter, I know this fucken kind too well.
    When he wins the visitation, it is going to be short lived , you will see it. I am just worried that unsuccessful visit will cause trauma..........eh fuck
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks for the acknowledgement D. Means a lot. Sadly many abusers thrive on the act which is why despite not caring for the kids, tthy keep persisting with the visitations in order to act out their control and abuse. Many have said he would of given in by now. Sadly this has not been the case as for us we know well the spite that drives him to persist as he does. He is full of hate that knows no love. He is a victim himself. We are trying out best not to project our fears as mentioned in posts I made in the previous year.

He has persisted abusing his other children for a number of years to three other women and now just broke up with another. The one that tried to fight for rights was quickly shot down by the imperfect system with other others battling with their own addictions. Although we have made tremendous gains in protecting the little one and raised awareness + made this abuse accountable for some of his deeds ... he is determined as he has always been and just like he has been with his others over in years past on ... he is fixated if not more so with his latest son.

We will be watching like hawks for the psycological damage and will deny visits regardless of the systems threats as we'll be sure to back our claims up with appropriate and multiple reports as our grandson deteriorates. ( we sincerely hope this is not the case and strive to work toward hope rather than fear) Sadly the system typically requires these children to be severely beaten and catatonic before entertaining notifications or a withholding visitations before interviening.

If history is anything to go buy gauging by his other kids, this abuser is in it for the long haul. Alas so are we.

Thankfully we have been good at controlling the fear. More so encouraging the little one as we have now gone from calling the abuser friend to now using the word Dad. That transition has been a healthy one for all intents purposes. We are teaching the little one not to fear his dad despite the trauma. At the same time doing our best to teach our grandson to communicate and recognize emotion as you know how it is with autistic ones. Personally they can read much more that we typically think! Other than that I am trying social stories as a means to raise awareness without the need or byproduct of fear as that side effect will only fear the demon as is the topic of this thread. In fact this example of family breakdown, societal authority, and continued relations is a classic case of how demons are easily fed. Love and compassion with loads of awareness need to be adopted for the little one, ourselves and most off all - the abuser. (It helps to acknowledge his victim status too) Much meta meditation needed there.

All this here is more about identifying the fear - acknowledgement - feeling and processing ... ultimately avoiding and clearing blockages.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Kind thoughts and well wishes to your own current condition.

Thx again D.

Excuse typos as formulated on my phone having just woken up. Note ... turning phone to aeroplane mode then switching off seems to have me wake up feeling more energized or less depleted than usual. Might take a couple of tries before one notices. Perhaps placebo but I'll do whatever works.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-08-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Just fucking scored BIG TIME!!! Sims 3 was on special via Steam and given that I have been waiting for just that I pounced and made the purchase. Whilst installing it I read up on it as it's been a while since I last torented it. In my researching on the game I wanted to know what others thought about Sims3V4. No surprise to me ... many people rate 3 as being better in various areas applicable to them. It seems there are a LOT of people that don't like the major changes made in 4 however I know that in time I can be perused - for now after having torented 4 and giving it a try I did not like the changes myself ... at least not at this stage. Unfortunately Sims 3 for as good as it is ... is reported as being glitchy. I however put that down to systems not meeting requirements ... and given the updates now I am assuming it's not much of a thing.

ANYHOOOOWS - I was thinking ... hey Dave ... what about SIMS 2 that was a fucking awesome game. I remember well when Sims first came out and I was like hell yea! - Escapism to the Max!!! But then when 2 came out I was even more impressed. So I researched - Sims 2 V 3 V 4 -

To my surprise there are a LOT pros found in sims 2 that are not in Sims 3. Apparently more interactions and so on - Although in Sims 3 you are in an open world. I read more on it and the more I absorbed the more I saw it was well worth owning both Sims 2 and 3:

SO :

I logged into EA chat and explained I did not have the game and was struggling where to find purchase the base game. The first adviser/consultant was super helpful ... kept hinting at me to just supply ANY IMAGE of the game disc. I was like "I just want to know where to buy the base game and then could you help me with promo code?" So they just keep repeating to get any image. So I gave in when into Google images but in that process lost the chat box. GRRRRRRR

I resume my case number and reenter into chat but now met with an obnoxious fuck like "Wellllllllll ... if you ... bla bla bla ... I am unable to help"

I close that chat box bascially telling them to fuck off!!! GRRRRRRRR

I got another obnoxious fuck where I then changed the name in the subject title to - Rude Consultants - if this continues I will be looking to delete my account!!!

The next one was like - "Hello would you like me to delete your account?"

You've got to be fucking kidding me I thinks to myself?

I'm looking for help I reply.

Again it comes back with would you like me to delete your account?"

By this stage I am ready to hang myself ... so after closing the box and re-titling once more - I NEED HELP - Rude Consultants - I just want to PURCHASE a GAME PLEASE.

I cut and past that chat:

info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
    info: Thank you for contacting us. Akash will help you soon.
    Akash: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Akash, may I start with your first name please?
    you: My Name is David
    Akash: Hey David, very nice to meet you, I am all here to help you with any issue related to the game, how you doing today?
    you: I am fine TY ... I have been struggling with other EA advisors about Sims 2
    you: I would like to know how to go about aquiring the Sims2 complete collection but I have do not own the game ... Can I buy the disc of Ebay then try again here?
    you: I have money but no way to buy the collection onine, can you help with that?
    Akash: I understand that you want to acquire sims 2 game, Please do not worry, I am here to help you out.
    Akash: As you said that you haven't purchased the game before, am I right?
    you: Yes I would like to buy the Sims 2 complete Collection please
    you: I can see no option in the store listing
    you: Can I buy the base game second hand then restart chat with uploaded photo and key?
    you: Or could I buy a key onine?
    Akash: Please do not worry, I am here to help you out.
    you: ok
    Akash: First of all I really appreciate your interest towards the sims 2 game.
    you: The best game of all time in my opinion
    Akash: Yes it is, even I like the game very much.
    you:
    Akash: Please do not worry I am trying my best to get this Sims 2 game for you right now. If possible.
    Akash: Okay, You just need to provide me any of the Sims 2 Box or Disk photo via following the below link > https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/h...a-help-ticket/
    you: srry
    you: are you still htere
    you: I lost this box when I opened the chat
    you: when I opened the link?
    you: Damn it MY FAULT
    Akash: Yes I am here
    you: oh your there
    you: phew
    you: the link is blank for me
    Akash: No worries you can give me any photo of sims 2 game and attach it to the case, here are the steps :
    Akash: 1. When you're logged into EA Help, click Accounts then My Cases.
    2. Click on the open case you want to attach your file to.
    3. Click Attach files...
    4. Find the file you want to attach and click Open.
    An orange loading bar will pop up underneath the Attach files… button. When it’s done, you'll see a paperclip icon with the number of attachments you've added.

Once you’ve attached your files, you can get back in touch with us by clicking the Resume button. Pick how you want to talk to us so we can take a look at the attachments you’ve added and get to work fixing your issue!

you: Will it be OK if I buy a second hand game? I can't find where to buy the game online other than second hand retailer outlets/auctions sites?
    Akash: Please allow me a moment
    you: ok
    you: ty
    Akash: I have discussed your issue with my supervisor and mentioned that you have been a great player and also a valuable customer of EA
    Akash: So on my recommendation and discussing with the team and putting an extra efforts for you I am going to grant you a new sims 2 game, will you be happy to receive it?
    you: AWESOME!!!!!!! Of course ... Thanks Heaps!!!!
    you: what now?
    Akash: Please confirm me the email address of the account you want your game in?
    you: I will buy another game instore out of respect
    you: ----------------------------
    Akash: Thank you very much.
    you: THANK YOU ... do I just go to may library now?
    Akash: Here is the game code - ----------------------------- to express my admiration. You can use this on Origin store. I have also send an email regarding that to you.
    you: Thanks Heaps Akash ... I understand
    Akash: You are a nice person and I am honored to assist you today
    Akash: Would there be anything else I can assist you with?
    you: Likewise ... Your the best ever consultant in all the online gaming front ends I have met ... cheers all the best
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to -------------------- at the end of your chat session.
    Akash: Thank you for your kind words
    Akash: For any queries with EA games, you can always contact us or please check our knowledge base at help.ea.com for self-help options and Answers.ea.com for in-game queries. Thank you for contacting EA Help.

It’s my pleasure talking with you and you’ve been great throughout the session

Akash: You may now go ahead and press the 'End Chat' button at the top right corner on your screen to end this conversation smoothly.

FUCKING AWESOME OR WHAT?
    : ) : ) : )