Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Driving 468x60
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    At the hospital playing with my phone whilst waiting. Whilst smart phones are a long way off optical zoom without all the attachments which again I prefer not to drag around (and sensor size very small) they are still extremely practical for high quality well lit images as well as descriete!

Wow ... one of the catering shops has waitress walking around offering an awesome bacon wrap. I said no, although was hard to resist. Unfortunately the food here at the hospital is lacking in fruits and veggies.

Damn it! Just walked up to me and offered me a hot choclate in a mini cup. I was too weak this time and caved in. One moment while I savour it for a split second!

Arrrr ... I better get and go for a walk. Walls are starting to squeeze on in.

Speaking of sore throats ... it's been a couple of days now and my throat is fucking sore as!!! (does not help being a mouth breather Grrrrr → damn nose gets clogged up easy) Thankfully I don't need to resort taking pills up my ass seeing as I don't take any. rofl. Been there done that - fuck I was in dire straits then.

I wont go on about the other symptoms. Just glad to be back home although now everyone wants me and my trailer. I will do my best to put on a brave face and who knows, I might start to heal.

In the mean time I am struggling on how to get my routine back on board. 1st things 1st ... need to get physically well. Then I will be more able to right my boats. I was going to say 'then things will fall into place' but not sure it kind of happens like that for those of us frequenting these likewise forums. Hard work keeping stable as is.

Hmmmmmmm - I must be missing my doses of PC gaming. Now there's a thought!!!

Edit ... Making a for quick moves now - The way my throat is now makes me feel like that guy bellow. I'm a cranky bastard when I get sick; but more like mummy's boy really.

Last edited by Ponder; 06-18-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Time to unwind.

Well that was interesting. Ended up going to hospital around 2am my time. Have been struggling since Saturday night when I went to the big smoke to visit my son. Not sure how it happened, but I have been struggling with a throat infection that's now spread into one of my ears. Swallowing is painful and when I breathe in the back of my throat feels like it's burning. I did end up helping my a few people with my trailer but ended up making my condition worse. I have not slept properly in days now. Today I do have a doctors appointment but it was actually for something else. A letter I need. I guess it will be a long appointment; or not.

Man ... it's great we have public hospitals here, but it really sucks how they treat people. I was totally ignored at the triage window and then so too was this other fella. I eventually got up to ask about home call doctors (figuring I did not have the capacity to be treated like a sub species) Sadly they too smiled at me like the did the gentleman's frustration before me. I ended up pointing this out to them only to end up advising the nurse that she now presented me with her own sardonic smile. Basically ended up telling them I would come back when I could no longer breathe. but arrrrrrrrr ... let's not be cynical now.

3:21am and counting ... will sip some chamomile and honey. Hopefully I can get in a nap or two before my docs appointment later on. Thankfully I got someone coming with me to that one. Gagging, reflux, throat & ear infection all in one. If I walked into a dusty room I reckon I would keel over in a choking fit. Last time that happened they pegged me as psychosomatic. Now that was a full on humiliating experience whilst being the sickest I had ever been. Looking after the old esophagitis is a bit of a priority for me. I think I will allow myself a few EEEErrrrrrrrrrrrrs ... sip my tea and huddle down with somthing on Netflix.

One more ... EEErrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... lol hehe ... even hurts to smile ... but mine feels much warmer than that nurse's at the triage window.

Adios
    Until next post.

Started the repair job on the lap top my son burnt out. To be fair I made it work hard myself. Hopefully by some kind of magic once I put it all back together, all the kings horses and men will sing again.

There's like 20 more screws in the tea cup. Bugger if I can remember where all the short one's go. Least of my problems judging by the marks on the case heat shielding there. That said - the actual board looks pretty good.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-19-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Up and down again BUT thanks to my wife's drugs (doctor no help at all) I might be on the mend. I still not have had a nights sleep since Saturday and it's now Thursday morning. I took endome or endep ... whatever it was it helped.

I am very frustrated with my GP but they know I don't handle meds well, so I think it's more about me. Its is sad that people can't just access the drug store for things as simple as panadene forte anymore. That used to help me through nights similar to what I've been going through.

Helping a DV victim currently sleeping on floor with child today. It might break my recovery, but since my wife and I are only volunteers in the area with criminal history checks down ... it's up to us. I like helping ... just wish we had more people to help.

I best get back to sleep. I have been an ass hole this last week but today want to remind myself why I'm doing this work in the first place.

Best get some more sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Ponder; Yesterday at 11:53 AM.

Still feeling like shit but when out to do what I had to do:

I won't participate on an employment level; but I will help those in need out.

My voluntary Work: Self Directed but under another organisation whose goals - 'thus far' - are similar to my own.

We did a couple of loads + filled the car up each time. It took a while because we had to travel to an adjacent town. I pay for all my petrol, ware and tare and so on. I consider it an investment in doing things I like to do. Helping others out. Most of the donations come via Facebook. It's a good system as we work in connection with an organisation that utilizes volunteers such as myself to assist those most in need. What's even better is that it's NOT church based! I admire that fact a lot.

By days end the occupant that once had nothing but a mattress in an empty house now has pretty much everything she needs. We ended up buying a little more as it was a cold house and figured a heater would be a good addition. Other items not included in the trailer was a microwave, kettle, toaster, Food Hamper, Toiletries, Towels, Bed Lignin, Rug, Kids Games, Wall Pictures, Flowers ... more than I can remember actually. I took over a Queens size bed and mattress, Single Bed and Mattress, Dinning Table, Chairs, Lounge, coffee Table, Bed side tables, TV Stand, TV - DVD player ... bla bla and bla ...

I'm always amazed at how much we are able to collect thanks to all those who donate to us. In that regard I can't knock Facebook. Generally I care less of it, but I guess it does have it's perks. At the end of the job my wife will take photos. I generally care less for this part of the show (despite like taking photos) ... I struggle with the whole show boating feel that goes to it. It's kind of set up like one of those Reality TV shows ... but for the disadvantage kind of thing. I accept that the photos are used more to SELL the concept to those donating ... BUT ... I still struggle with air of expectation that might be places on some of the donations kind of thing. We have run our own charity group and been part of more than just a few and this aspect of expectations and judgment place upon those receiving more often than not detracts from the essence of compassion in my book. Me being homeless for a large portion of my younger life ... (most of it before I met my wife) ... no doubt plays into my apprehension with all the show boating.

For instance ... why set up a dinning table for 6 or 8 when your only helping a mother and child out? I questioned my wife today on this ... but meaning not to disrupt her attempt to follow protocol as the Charity Overseers require photos of the set up house. I proposed to think for a moment like → "Imagine your a mother with a child sleeping on the floor in a bare cold house. You then come home after the day out to find this wonderful transformation - BUT you then see the elaborate display at the dinner table with all the brand new glassware, fine plates and shiny cutlery; only to then ponder just how much of a contrast it is to see so many places set when there's only just yourself with your dependent of course. That contrast in light of having lived so low would in my opinion be more prone to highlight a sense of loneliness?"

Anyways - I figured it would make more sense to set the table only for those occupying the place. Yes make it all nice and fancy with a few quotes ... whatever. Even the quotes I find questionable. Unfortunately it does come down to the selling of the idea. I just tend to get touching about the whole thing as the other side of the coin is also creating that welfare mentality. The latter is not so easy and more often than not more a term to flog the poor rather than address poor ideals. Yea ... it is a good feeling helping people out. I kind of wish I could be there to see how they feel [we are not allowed to know the occupants at all], but then again ... my wife and I have been recipients many times in our own past to receiving likewise help. I must admit I've shed a tear being given Xmas presents for my kids once or twice through the Smith Family. They also sent a few things during the year for the kids schooling. Fact is ... there will always be those who disrespect the help or the gratitude is soon forgot. I get that ... and that's OK ... because I go still go through that with my own kids.

I don't care for the label - 'Enable' - I get it ... but I don't like how hard liners use it ... like they do that term 'welfare mentality' ... just to flog, shame and blame those who are slow learning. My youngest daughter ... mum to my grandson has many issues like me. I'll enable her to cope as long as she need. I do pull back on occasion - but I will be fucked if I will adopt that hard line attitude that preaches terms like "enable & welfare attitudes" ... Again I understand the caution that comes with such terms ... but not from the masses that give with expectations.

Nevertheless ... I am learning to take the bad with the good ... but just do what I can to deliver the Goods!

Excuse the rant ... was a big day doing all that with a trailer and still being sick.

I sold a couple of WII U Games today. Now going to treat myself to some Steam DLC. All that train watching in the big smoke has made me take a dive into Train Simulator 2018. I think I will purchase a couple of new routes.

Other than that ... I think one more night on the endome and I should be right as rain in the morning. At least able to swallow without a grimace.

Righto ... time to check the Steam Store.

If your struggling ... find something you like doing. Also remember what you like doing does not always require you to be happy. I find that fact also helps.

Adios ... until next post!