Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Driving 468x60
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    In my "chosen" curriculum studies I learned the "intelligent" contributors to the Pioneer Plaque placed on board the 1972 Pioneer 10 and 1973 Pioneer 11 spacecraft, proposed, and developed, a pictorial message, in case either probe intercepted extraterrestrial life, of the Earth and its Moon, effectively providing the "road-map" to our galactic doorstop. I saw no wisdom in the eagerness to be found and approached by any intelligence with the ability to accomplish it from any sector of space. In the meetings between "discoverers" and "discoverees," history has always given the advantage to the finders. In the case of the Jupiter plaque, I feel that a tremendous issue was thoughtlessly taken out of the world forum by a few individuals who marked a clear path to our door. My point is: who will come knocking – the trader or the tiger? Remember, everything’s for sale, and the Redress Scheme’s model is further proof of this.

Remember too, you know you're normal:
    >When you get compassion fatigue but are never tired of being judgemental and selfish;
    >When you say to a person who gives up the ratrace to follow their dreams: are you mad?
    >When you never complain to people who are in a superior social position to you but go straight for the easy targets
    >When despite being more at risk from a 9 to 5er coming out of a pub or a family member, you think mad people are dangerous
    >When you think a taxpayer has more worth than those who pay taxes
    >When you say humanitarian entrants have come to this country to steal your job even though you are not a toilet cleaner or janitor, or say they are here for the cushy life, yes, you usually do want that after you’ve been tortured or have lost a family member to a violent regime
    >When you don’t worry about a Third World that is manmade, because the running shoes it cheaply produces look good on you
    >When you don’t worry about pollution or the wars that come out of oil, because cars represent freedom

Given this is what normal has become in our society, screw normal. I choose empathy!
    Last edited by rosspark; Today at 04:17 AM.

You do empathy rather well. I laughed, cried and thought really deep thoughts - reading yours. TY. I can only give it the respect by affording you the space you have shown me. Your certainly intelligent and whilst that quality scares the hell out of me; your words likewise inspire me. That's quite a contribution you made regarding the message board. : ) So true.

I could feel the brutality in your sharing as well. I went to wiki for further reading. The essence of bullying being another powerful thing that stuck through that read. Demographics and the political nature of your story very revealing. When my son went for his first job - his ability was first assessed on "what do your parents do?" I really felt for the kid but he handled it well. He told them all about my hobbies. : ) Dad has a HUGE Dobsonian Telescope he uses waiting in anticipation for responders to the Pioneer and Jupiter Plaques.

Just between you and the others ... Dahila and I can't wait for them arrive. :

Yea ... I too need to be careful of becoming that which I fear.

Hey ... I used to work in a saw mill. Similarities is all. : )

The problem is so many reports of "visitors" includes physical and sexual abuse. What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    Yea ... I too need to be careful of becoming that which I fear.
    We all do. Be pure, be vigilant, behave

Hey ... I used to work in a saw mill. Similarities is all. : )
    Then you'd be well aware of the class conditions Owing to the nature of the industry conditions for loggers differ considerably from those of most workers. Situated in thinly settled forest regions, lumber camps are, to a great extent, cut off from civilisation. The resulting conditions are a peculiar mixture of capitalism and feudalism, civilisation and barbarism. Each camp is a community by itself – a unit in the industrial empire of a lumber "trust" – and is ruled by a foreman who has the powers of a petty czar. The company not only plays the part of employer but also that of hotel and store keeper. In supplying food and shelter they have a complete monopoly, and are practically free from all restrictions which ordinarily apply to hotel and restaurant keepers. Sanitary conditions which prevail in camps would not be tolerated elsewhere; in towns or cities they would be a menace to the health of society, which means the "better classes" or bourgeois element. But the welfare of workers is no consideration. Intelligent stock breeders feed their cattle and hogs scientifically, and house them in sanitary quarters, for they are articles of value. But wage slaves have no value; consequently they have no protection unless they are organised to protect themselves. In isolated places where the greed of capitalism is unrestricted by considerations of public health and safety, and unchecked by working class organisation, conditions fall below the minimum of civilisation and can only be described as barbarous. Few of the characteristics that distinguish the present century from the dark ages are found in logging camps. These camps are monuments to the greed of the logging barons and the servile submission of the workers.

One of the lowest paid jobs with the highest amount of risk 30+ years ago for me. Depends where on the food chain as they also had their own hierarchy.

Cool Poem. No offense, I care less for any classes. I find sheep are generated within each class as they are from birth taught to cling to said pain. Ideals ... I don't vote and care even less for politics. When I discovered the truth about religion after being so devout ... combined with the abuse I have suffered and then looking up form the gutter and seeing and being seen for so long ... I care less for politics and such BS affairs. I have struggled with following instructions let alone pretend to understand society from such a level. I never have. I do however find your insights revealing none the less.

As for the visitor and sex? If you mean aliens - Again ... I care less. Such thoughts are imprints ... negative ones that create dark entities when people go to sleep. Drama ... drama sells. I do come across more interment one's that could be classes as visitors ... visitors in my sleep. Nothing sordid about those because I don't play so much into the ideal games ... the morality game ... other than what my own being feed backs to me. I'm all about personal experience. I pay little attention to what ifs ... or at least try to avoid such pit falls ... ways of things as we are typically conditioned to think.

One of the lowest paid jobs with the highest amount of risk 30+ years ago for me. Depends where on the food chain as they also had their own hierarchy
    Knew you'd have experienced such industry conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rosspark View Post
    Knew you'd have experienced such industry conditions.
    Have we met before? Just kidding. Although every demographic has its story, I have found most workers to be rather cruel to the non workers. It was not much different in the sawmill. Everyone was a druggy or hippy if they were not gainfully employed. It's why during the times I was able to find jobs I could do ... I worked my ass off to gain respect. Whilst this worked in some place, I was scorned for it in others.

I now know that such a system of respect is yet just another negative the system has conditioned in us. Nothing natural about that.

That said - just like in here, you always come a cross a few genuine people that makes life more bearable. Focusing on works certainly helps. On that note, I look forward to barefoot bushwalking with my grandson this morning
    Last edited by Imperfect; Today at 02:45 PM.

Hey Ross ... what you like doing and what you doing today?

Let me guess ... your working. lol. If so do you enjoy what you do?

I did some more charity work today and took the trailer out to pick up Stupendously HEAVY Dinning Table. It was a fun adventure to be sure.
    Last edited by Imperfect; Today at 06:39 PM.