Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    If you can't get out Sal - I'll share some of my day with you! Today's story goes a little like this: The little fella's super sensory issues won't let anyone touch him let alone his hair and a pair of scissors. He is not fully blown mute, (if he was I'd say he'd be teaching me more than he already does) but he is one of those kids that does not let many family members touch him. Thankfully I am one of the lucky ones that's able to steal the odd hug and kiss. If you look at the 1st photo of my grandson up above, (watching some YouTube in bed) you might notice the butcher job I did on his hair. Actually it looked worse than that from another side. Anyways after sending a photo to his mum after I took to his hair with a pair of left handed scissors ... well let's just say I had to block mum's number for several minutes!

Finally after a lot of Extroverted Tony Robbins brainwashing and several Spanking New Dinosaurs purchased from K-Mart and then a few more 'after the job' ... he finally got his 1st hair cut by a lady who specializes with ASD. Kudos to her!!! She was a good find and we'll be back for more hair cutting and of course - Spanking New Dinosaurs!!! There was no separating me and the lad ... although I and others tried. I've actually been in the process of teaching him some of the freedoms that come from a little distance. (Just a little - as I like to keep engaged with him myself) But that's another story - Both me and the Kid don't trust anyone when it comes to fast paced traffic either on or off the road - pathways and or Malls. We're both working on that.

Hope this finds you well. Mission Accomplished - Although the The Bribes left us Broke!
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-14-2018 at 03:50 AM.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Fucking Bureaucratic, legalistic, Bombastic Government Agencies!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing all that with me. Will write more when I can think clearer. Cute pictures

Oh good grief.. we posted at exactly the same time.

Whats wrong??

Yeah, what is happening?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Just blowing off some steam. Is an appeals process in need of being drawn up. I shall persist as depicted in the following pic. I will not be eradicated so easily. Grrrr grrrr with a little bit of sunshine to assist my ability in growing where this world aims to restrict. I may get knocked down but I will always get back up!

Today's Pic:

Your most welcome ... Is all good Sal - Just glad you, D and the others are here. We'll get through each day as they come whilst enjoying each others company when time permits.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-14-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Long drive to the city tommorow. Yearly checkup for my wife's MS. Catching up with youngest son and daughter in law.

Thought I would leave you with this:

Zzzzzzz night night.

Scored a hand me down camera - Woohoo. Apparently it was in return for a small gaming laptop that my son burned out through improper use. The gift was unexpected. I was pleasantly surprised. It can take interchangeable lenses but I'm not a fan of standout cameras. The body is not that big (four thirds size with a slightly small sensor -Sony 23mmX) but the 210mm lens really stands out. Not complaining at all ... it's really fun ... I might just pass it on to one of my daughters when I get a smaller super zoom. See what happens. Is good to revitalize a few of my old time hobbies. Good for the mind.

Here are a few shots with that camera thus far:

The train tracks entering the city CBD as seen from my son's balcony: (note the signals upper left of centre in the sun - makes me want to start playing TrainSimulator201

Outside a backpackers hotel (not sure what's going on there?)

Again outside backpakers hotel from my son's balcony:

My youngest son and my other half. (In the process of setting up for a picture - but I like these spontaneous one better)

Not the best quality wise ... not an indoor camera for polished images ... but subject wise they are good shots. Is an outdoor lense and even then a bit on the cheap side ... but who cares! ... is good be to taking shots again.

... until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-15-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Big day tomorrow. Kids are off to work in the morning and we are heading off to the hospital for Lisa's check up. Then we are off to pick up some furniture for the charity work we do and take it home with us for a new house setup on Thursday. I actually have some friends to help move in as well as the charity work - however not feeling to spirited atm as I have become sick with strep throat and flu like symptoms. Not to worry ... I best get to bed now. It was still a good visit catching up with the kids.

Took a photo of the Back packers with existing low light compact: (click to enlarge and scroll around - not bad for a little compact - Lumix LX10/LX15)

Original Size Viewed here ...

Here is one of the office complex across the road - just testing the low light. Would of been good if there was a couple of people in the car park below. That would of really set the scene.

Original Size Viewedhere ...

These were taken without a tripod. Just using the rails for the backpackers one above and resting on a clothes horse for the office complex and car park image. The image stabilization is pretty good ... plus I was also using my zen powers to keep steady

Not looking forward to all this work ahead ... but will keep my busy I guess. I kind of blew out with the food again - BUT whatever ... it's just a matter of getting out of bed.

Hope this finds you all well.

Adios ... until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-17-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Getting ready to pack up and leave at the last minute now ... just wanted to upload these first. Still have fun with both the cameras: