Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I'm going Keto for a couple of weeks D - See what happens:

I have to follow a No Gallbladder plan though:
    https://drjockers.com/following-a-ke...a-gallbladder/

The other difference is I'm also going to be doing it Vegan all the way.

Edit - Here's the accompanying video - even though it focuses on gallbladder health - I think you might appreciated hearing some of this D; regardless of already knowing lots about it.

Last edited by Ponder; 05-28-2018 at 04:40 AM.

I am on it for well, over 2 years, but I do not , try not to eat fruit because of sugar in it you to thin to go on it, D. Actually your live will take the function of gallblader but you need to watch what you eat. What I like in keto diet is a small portions that keep you full for hours
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I've read up well on the subject of living life without a gallbladder and have a lot of personal experience. : ) The bile from the Liver does not flow at the same rate as it does from the gallbladder. Thus when it comes to meals laden in fats it is said that the lack of bile flow from liver is not enough to adequately break down meals largely based on healthy fats. Additionally the bile from the liver is not as acidic as that of the bile. So it is the with lack of flow and it's less potent form sees the liver as inadequate as a 'sole' means of digesting meals heavy in concentrated fats. It's also why the liver is often referred to as overworked in peoples who no longer have a gallbladder.

What I do to counter this inadequacy, and ease the burden on an over worked Liver - is to use things like apple cider vinegar, predigest foods, lemons, eat on an empty stomach and many other natural aids and assists. I avoid taking pills like the plague! I detest the reliance factor that leads to misinformation and robbing people of their independence. I am sure you understand this fact about me well.

ME THIN - LOL ... your very kind D. Alas I am actually please to say that I am once again returning to my optimal weight of 72kg. Right now I am around 78.9kg with my goal weight being around 69kg. The online BMI calculator that says for my height I should be 63KG → LMFAO at that!!! Point it I actually have a lot more weight to lose, although nothing near what that BMI calculator reckons. If I went down to 63kg I would look in need of hospitalization.

For now I am sticking with the Keto like diet. I say Keto like as for me as I usually active and require a few carbs in the weigh of fruits + healthy sugars derived from whole natural foods. When I really want a boost I will go wild rice and some steel cut oats.

For the most part D - the Plant Based (especially when going 100% Vegan) is very Keto like and was how I was maintaining my previous optimal weight of 72kg previously. However as I said, I would add some fruits like lots of Bandannas, Pineapples, steel cut oats and wild rice to assist with my exercise.

THE PLAN now is to cut back on carbs as I am now in a Waterfast Preparation Phase. I've never prepped like I am now for such a goal. Putting myself in a keto like state before hitting my water fast is going to expiate the benefits I am seeking from a waterfast. I now own several books on the subject and from my own tests know how I am faring.

On that note ... I can also advice that I am feeling quite fine. I smile to think of the relos that came up for a meal last year commenting on how all the thin people at the table looked as though they needed help. The truth was quite embarrassing which is why we thin one's remained silent and let those doing the criticizing do as they pleased. Less of course your talking about TOFS - Thin on the Outside Fat on the Inside. Fact is they were picking on a family of Vegans. Some people just live in denial I guess. We kind of knew better.

That said - I get what you mean. The fact is whatever it is that each of us tries, we know ourselves whether it is working or not. We just can't help but kid ourselves and why not with all that BS information out there sown so deceptively so.

The one thing makes it next to impossible for weight loss for so many if the medication reliance factor ... alas it's often the lessor of two evils. In which case weight loss is not such vital goal. Stability is measured in suffering ... or at least as how I have come to see it. There are plenty of overweight people living balanced lives and kudos to them if they can do it. I can't. Being overweight for me limits me in so many ways - so too does taking meds. BUT - that's just my journey. I'm just trying to finish this post of by remaining nor for or against. Each to their own can sound a bit harsh. I understand the pros and cons on both sides of the fence.

Personal experience will always be my teacher. I'll keep you posted on my progress D ... I'm now off for my early morning walk.

I make a few more post later on as since the forum was closed I have a lot txt built up.

How's your sinuses ... any better? I am going to clean up the house today in the hope it will alleviate mine. I've been reading up on that issue and am finding hope.

Take care ...

HEY SAL ... Hope your doing OK! ... if not ... I hear ya loud and clear ... is OK not to be OK. : )
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-28-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks for saying that, means a lot to me. Been rough lately.

I've been reading and I'll try to write later.

I am happy you try it, Keto is closer to natural foods, I have twice the amount of energy now even with my health scare, I sleep well, 8 hours wake up at 6 and listen to birds singing. Everyone of course modify it a bit , you can not force your body to eat something it does not agree. Keto is nice cause there is not a lot of processed foods in it
    It is like mindful eating , you need to count the carbs (no calories) and eat what you can and what is good for you.
    Salvator post here, please, you will be more than welcome, we all fight with our demons, so far so good ,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I like the note about modifying according to our needs. Yep yep. : )

YW & Yes please Sal ... Say it like however you wish.

Good call on Jon Kabat Zin D. I read your response in other section.

I found this one on the side bar whilst checking out your link. I remember reading that you like his voice. I find it soothing as well. Possibly more so because what he says makes a lot of sense. He is Big on Accepting the Present Moment. I could only finish in that other post with 'acceptance' being our most resolute source of answer. I smile to think of how Jon repeats it's OK to not to know. He actually repeats saying ... "I don't know" "I don't know" as if like a chanting monk during his Google Lecture.

Accepting What Is - I think half the problem is not knowing what is and in that moment we give up trying to know ... we start to see the bigger picture where then finally we see what was and then it becomes much easier to 'let go'

In that lecture he talks about the cliche of 'letting go' and how as a quick fix society we just spurt out terms like so. Today in group I found it interesting how one hard case was telling how since he has giving up the alcohol he is starting to remember things ... spasmodically so. During his description of that process it was his openness that I found of great interest as that's where true healing begins. Right now I am into the fostering of the desire to want to be well. The clinical nature and duration of my historical events and resultant predispositions that chemically trigger to whatever; come in cycles. Those cycles being as natural as this planet's seasons 'used to be' ... lol at that latter description. But yea ... the desire to want to remain stable in an unstable world. Quite a challenge when not main steamed pacified - yet VERY rewarding in terms of seeing what is and being accepting of that.

I'm back in my time out phase - despite that cleansing process. This time around is all good ... I'm not rushing this time. I know how it all works. : ) - well actually I really don't it all! - I feel as though I know enough that with each time I get back I ... I just know that the knowing I have is enough; based on all my efforts past. Cycles ... shit happens and then I move on ... shit happens and it's ok to move within an environment full of shit - it's OK point blank.

I feel it enough to know what I mean and glad this space/forum has been reallocated as is.

I link the one I am listening to ... the background water sound is spot on. The moments of silence between Jon's guiding is also immersive and expansive. My upcoming water fast will benefit from these meditations.

If I may change the subject ... I know what you mean about the less than 30grams of carbs - Man ... thankfully I have enough subcutaneous fat. Don't worry ... I don't intend to stay on a ketosis diet for long at all ... I like my cardio sessions too much. It's just part of my water fast preparations is all. I've learned a lot more about burning fat since reading up on ketosis. Very interesting to say the least. I was going to go three weeks but have decided two weeks prep will be enough.

Now don't laugh or freak out ... This just arrived in the mail the other day - I'll text link it otherwise you'll be like WTF is he into now as soon as you load this post up. Hopefully that will help me clean up my act as well. I've read all the pros and cons - You know I won't abuse it. : ) ... Just like the move to keto ... it's part of my water fasting cleanse. Here ... this guy I thought was humorous with his take on it ... however there is a lot more science to the benefits as well as to its over use. All good - not looking for a debate ... just letting you know my latest experiments.

Take care ...

SAL - interrupt me or D at anytime and let us know what's going on with yourself as well.

Later guys.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-29-2018 at 03:46 AM.

I am flat out today - perhaps I threw you off with the enema bag hey. hehe

Not to worry. I just cut and paste my weight loss entry from elsewhere to save on time. Is all relevant to my efforts regarding mental health:

Cut & Paste:

Hi guys. I've been living without animal protein for quite some time now Cate. Given that animal protein can deliver an acid load to the kidneys, increase ammonia production, and damage the sensitive kidney cells, I have to admit that when I'm in Vegan Mode (minus the processed junk) my kidneys do feel better. As well as no gall bladder I almost died of renal failure back in 2008. This is also why I have to be very careful water fasting - but that's another story.

Thanks LaMaria - I just skimmed the video and there does seem to be some relevant information that I have been reading up on. I will check it out for sure and give a little feedback in here if only as an exercise to learn more about Keto. TY

In the meantime here is another one that looks good in reference to The Protein Myth:

Note* - Body Building is not my goal. Just figured vegan body builders make a good example regarding the Myth.

It's just an everyday person in much the same way as LaMaria's link video given their perspective from personal experience. It's frustrating to see so much deception out their between Big Food and Farm Cooperation as too the Medical industry and so on. BUT - I won't present myself to be labels a conspiracy theorist anymore than linking such videos often do for my own good. : )

It's not about claiming this or that way ... it's just presenting the options for people with broken anatomy. Admittedly I wish I knew what I do now as it would of gone a long way to avoid the damage of have done.

ANYWAYS - It is Challenging Stuff. Agreed! : )

Yesterday I was tired but held in there. I am not %100 keto yet as I am making the odd mistake with the odd non keto food due to lack of knowledge and experience. That said, I do notice the lack of carbs. Something of I will note is the focus on Natural Sugars being more rate more the fuel source rather than carbs as talked about within the various plant based communities ... how carbs also comes into it's own Myth as sold by Food Marketing Campaigns.

Macro nutrients are something I will have to up ... but I really don't want to start of life on supps. I read many times now that many of those long terms are not good for Kidney Health - especially for those of is with compromised ones and or aging.
    _________

Righto ... I'm not that keto yet that I can't exercise and in fact that's another research topic I am yet to look into. I'm not doing any of this lightly. Best I can say for now as a newbie is listen to my body.

I have plenty of subcutaneous fat to burn through yet ... although that does give off a lot of toxins ... but when done through exercise you get the benefit of the lymphatic system helping to assist with that. See what happens. Time to stretch and do some moderate body weight exercises.

Thanks again LaMaria - will check out for sure!

U2 Cate ... Have a good day

Here's to today's challenge ... may it be as productive as yesterday which - YES - I am making positive progress!

Whilst I am feeling pretty good tonight - I am starting to wind down so think I will cut and past my weight loss post. I'll link the keto Vid that promted my response:

Yea - It does get easier with each pass. Thx again for the link LaMaria. I just finished watching from beginning to the end completely soaking up all the info that was being presented. Awesome Vid! I have to admit that I am kind of free styling Keto atm, however am also watching the protein intake from beans due to discovering just how high in carbs some of those can be. Since that discovery I have been looking a little closer at the food types trying to emulate the correct amounts as best as I can.

I have to agree with that You-tuber about digestion being way better on a Keto diet as has been the case for me. Even without the gallbladder so happy that I am doing something right in that regard. And that's without taking Oxbile. I've been keeping up the activity to assist with digestion and all the others things I mentions in my previous posts.

This morning I had steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts and swiss chard with crushed up cashews that I previously activated myself.

Lunch
    I had a green leafy salad (macro nutrient dense) with spiralina, crushed almonds, lemon, AVG, lemon juice, ginger, chilli and cocunt oil + chis seeds

Dinner I had the same as lunch with an evening ginger, lime & lemon leafed tea.

I'm feeling really good today. I bought some new clothes which was also a good boost.

Take care guys, hope you both had a good day.

In other News ... I'm waiting for a few more dollars to go into my account overnight so I can buy the following game:

Epic Battle scenes. I own Medieval Total War Kingdoms as well - but with mods and all the updates Rome II has a pretty good following. Looks worth having in the collection. Later this Yea - Total War: Three Kingdoms is coming for the Total War Series. In the mean time I am just wetting my appetites with some classics. I know I said I was not into fighting games ... but more meant the hack and slash and ADD first person games - ZZZZZZZZ this is totally different imo. The perspective and control in this game both through the board and ingame battles is frigging awesome. I started way back when the Tottal War was first released. I have a lot of catching up to do as it's been a LONG time and I never really got into the mods. The mods look amazing so have a lot of reading to do. Here as some un modded screen shots I picked up off the web:

Until they can come out with an Utopian model of this kind of game ... I'll continue to play my part in the carnage.

I guess no one is up for a multiplayer battle?

Righto ... time to put back on my Tin Foil Hat and go outside for a well earned Jog. Hmmmm ... I should buy this game first and start downloading ... Yea I do that.

Edit Awesome ... downloading now!

Now I go for my run !!!
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-30-2018 at 02:08 PM.