Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medical Marijuana?

I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/game-changer/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy.

Marijuana is not the best remedy for anxiety, It works on PSTD though
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

This was recommended to me as a muscle relaxant but I haven't tried it. A friend of mine stopped using it after she felt is was aggravating her anxiety because it made her feel less productive so more anxious about her work performance.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoaster View Post
    This was recommended to me as a muscle relaxant but I haven't tried it. A friend of mine stopped using it after she felt is was aggravating her anxiety because it made her feel less productive so more anxious about her work performance.
    exactly , this is what I have in mind, my son does smoke it all the time, telling me it helps with his anxiety , I think it is the opposite, It will aggregate it, I still think Meditation is the best tool then distraction, hobbies, sports , good books good movies, going to art exposition, theater ,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    exactly , this is what I have in mind, my son does smoke it all the time, telling me it helps with his anxiety , I think it is the opposite, It will aggregate it, I still think Meditation is the best tool then distraction, hobbies, sports , good books good movies, going to art exposition, theater ,
    I will 'second' this post when it comes to me personally. Pot makes my heart race causing massive panic attacks. However, it depends on the individual. My cousin smokes it specifically for anxiety and it keeps him calm with a lower heart rate. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by av1988 View Post
    I will 'second' this post when it comes to me personally. Pot makes my heart race causing massive panic attacks. However, it depends on the individual. My cousin smokes it specifically for anxiety and it keeps him calm with a lower heart rate. Not sure why.
    It really depends on person. av1988, it is not for me but I want to try the CBD oil.
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It works for PSTD.

Yes. I agree with this.

Marijuana is terrible for anxiety, like all drugs that drastically effect consciousness and sober state.

Smoking it is not the same as 'medical' marijuana. Two completely different things.
    Last edited by Imperfect; 08-07-2018 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Because you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.