Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies Matter

Hobbies Matter

If you have mental illness like I do, there are many components involved when trying to manage and overcome this terrible illness. Psychiatric medications, psychotherapy, setting/achieving realistic goals, and living a healthy lifestyle are just some of the many ways to beat mental illness.

However, another way that can really help you emotionally, whether or not you have mental illness, are hobbies.

I've found that even simple hobbies can be quite therapeutic for me. For example, posting comments to online forums like AnxietyForum.net is a hobby that's simple but effective for helping me manage my illness. This easy-to-do hobby is something that often helps keep me emotionally well and happy.

A hobby by itself isn't enough to overcome serious mental health issues. But combined with treatment it really can make a difference. It has with me. And it can for you as well.

Very well said! An interesting activity or hobby that we enjoy helps us emotionally, especially when stressed.

Very true. It rejuvenates our body and mind.

A great way to be in the moment.

I'd been thinking about this for several years, the necessity to have a hobby still eludes me which is why I started feeling myself drift from my own. I'm glad I've rediscovered it though, and I'm glad there are posts like these that help bolster the belief that they are necessary.

Yes hobbys are a good tool to take you away from you're problems my hobby is fishing qnd its those times that can make you forget about everything else for a little timeVideoCapture_20180808-141038.jpg

Hi Twichard. Nice to see you back in the forum again.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    Hi Twichard. Nice to see you back in the forum again.
    thanks ive been not so good my right lung collapsed with the heat in Scotland this summer ot was down to severe asthma new meds are helping

My cousin and I just made our own mental health forum, I like making websites. That's my favorite hobby....
    I'm twisted like an Rubiks cube.
    Add me as a friend on here to talk..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to link below to see me and Esme.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

https://image.ibb.co/gCKsxq/33816540-807220306145297-7328234837234417664-n.jpg

When we are in stressed to overcome this situation we have to do those things which feel good and makes our day. enjoy with friends and family.