Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Abilify 10mg

Abilify 10mg

Hello,

I am new here. I have anxiety and depression. My psychiatrist says my anxiety is severe. Also he said I have hypochondriacal preoccupation and somaform,functional symptoms.

I have been taking Efexor for about two years. Before that I was on lustral for 15 years. My psychiatrist has added Abilify to take 10mg Daily on top of my 150mg of Efexor.

Have any of you taken Abilify and Efexor for Anxiety? My psychiatrist is going to change my antidepressant in the future.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rosalynn

Rosalynn, I have never taken Effexor or Abilify before.

What about these medications are you worried about?

MainerMikeBrown,
    Abilify is an antipschotic. At 10 mg I think it's high and wonder if this is the first line of therapy for Anxiety sufferers? As I said in my earlier post I take Efexor for Depression and Anxiety. Now Abilify has been added as well. It's all very confusing because it can be used at a much lower dose for Depression. My Psychiatrisit said the doge is not high at all.

Just wondering that's all if anyone here is on Abilify for severe Anxiety, and hypochondria?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rosalynn