Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Exclamation Severe Work Anxiety

I have always had anxiety at work but now I feel it's hit a high point. The thought of going to work, in the morning when I leave for work, and during work, I am constantly anxious so badly it upsets my stomach and makes my palms sweaty and have been having many anxiety attacks lately. I've been finding excuses to call out lately because I can't handle it, which then makes me feel guilty, like an overreacting piece of shit, etc. It's a vicious cycle. Can anyone relate? And how has anyone coped with that?

Britton E, I don't think you have to feel guilty about having to call out sick because you have good reason to be calling out sick lately. The fact that you have these terrible anxieties is not your fault.

Have you tried CBD oil? It has helped me so much. I have lost jobs in the past because of my anxiety so I totally get it. I get mine from happyonhemp. The peppermint flavor is the better choice. I just use 7-8 drops twice a day. You can also vape it.

Thank you! I definitely need to try that. I smoke pot about every other night but I'm also looking for another job (more than likely due to my anxiety) so I'm afraid to be drug tested, even though it's bullshit because it's a natural herb. I've resorted to bringing a flask of bourbon to even help me through the day but haven't had the balls to actually drink during my shift. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I have to have something in my system in order to function, even thought I take my anxiety and depression medication regularly.

Years ago I was on psychiatric medications which, although they helped me with my depression, it made my anxieties worse at the same time. So when I worked as a cashier for a donut shop during that time, I was incredibly nervous. And I couldn't hide it from my co-workers and customers. They could see that I was very nervous. It was a rather unpleasant experience.

So yes, Britton E., I can relate to people like yourself who have severe anxieties at work.