Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

wellbutrin side effects

Hello alll,
    It's been a long time since I've posted. I wanted to ask about Wellbutrin. I've been on several antidepressants in the past, with limited results. I've been on Lexapro for a while. It didn't seem to be helping and I wasn't happy with the sexual side effects. My sister, who also suffers from depression / anxiety, suggested I try Wellbutrin since it worked well for her. My doctor prescribed 150mg (I was taking 5mg of Lexapro). I immediately had side effects. I would break into cold sweats. I felt MORE anxious in public places. Plus I had terrible vivid dreams.
    Is this common? Will these effects go away eventually? It's been so frustrating.
    I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hello! I have been struggling with anxiety for a while now and my doctor recently recommended that I try Wellbutrin. I only took 150mg a day for a week and a half before I stopped taking it. My anxiety increased significantly while on it and I also just felt awful in general. After doing some research, I found that a lot of people had increased anxiety while on it... the side effect list wasn’t awesome either. I often wonder if maybe I just didn’t give Wellbutrin a fair trial but having the increased anxiety drove me crazy! Hope this helps ��

Higgins and Kaitlynn, did the Wellbutrin also cause your hands to shake and tremor, especially when you got nervous?

Just curious, because although I've never tried Wellbutrin, I have been on other psychiatric medications which not only made me more nervous, but also caused my hands to shake and tremor unusually bad.