Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

taking xanax the next day after you drank liqour?

i like to have some beer on the weekend but i always have anxiety the next day. im afraid to to take my xanax due to a reaction if the alcohol is still in my system. does anyone here ever get drunk and then take a xanax after about 11 hours after their last drink? im sure im am being goofy but the last thing i need is to pop a pill and then freak out because i think i am going to OD.

alcohol can cause anxiety due to low blood sugar, dehydration and lack of nutrients. the best measure, rather than taking xanex, is to cut down on the amount you're drinking or just don't drink at all! or make sure you're eating good healthy food and have plenty of water the next day, never drink on an empty stomach and make sure you have something decent to eat after you've been out (and i'm not talking chips/fries or kebabs lol). i don't know how long you have to wait between drinking and taking xanex, your doctor is probably the best person to ask

northstar is right, you don't want to mess around with drugs and alcohol,
    when you drink eat a lot, it will be much easier for your body to manage.
    Next day during hangover drink juice from the pickles or sauerkraut, kefir will do too. Take a hot shower.

p.s.
    alcohol does so many bad things to you body that you don't really want to drink it, believe me. If you want to get stoned smoke a pot...

Quote Originally Posted by proxi
    northstar is right, you don't want to mess around with drugs and alcohol,
    when you drink eat a lot, it will be much easier for your body to manage.
    Next day during hangover drink juice from the pickles or sauerkraut, kefir will do too. Take a hot shower.

p.s.
    alcohol does so many bad things to you body that you don't really want to drink it, believe me. If you want to get stoned smoke a pot...
    yeah smoke pot! that gives me the most intense panic attacks i have ever had. i wish i could still smoke it but i cant. everything does bad things to your body these days. i chose to enjoy life...just not for half of the day after i drink lol. im also im not looking for hangover cures. i dont get hungover but i feel like im about to have an anxiety attack for a bit after i wake up. i just want to now if anyone takes xanax the next day after drining....and how long after their last drin they do it.

I use xanax all the time after a night of drinking I usually take it after i have gone to sleep and then wake up the first time to pee and it really helps me....otherwise i have really bad anxiety...i also make sure to drink plenty of water while I drink...and thru out the night as I wake up...hope this helps
    Sneakygirlamy

I to have to been drunk and woken up the next day with really bad anxiety. I used to worry that If I had a xanax something bad would happen to me but it doesnt.

You need to be careful drinking alcohol with a xanax as it makes the effects of alcohol a lot more intense. You get drunk a lot faster.

It's fine to take one the next day, I've done it and I'm fine.

I have taken this medication many times after drinking (the next day). If I know I am going to have drinks I will avoid taking it the day I plan to drink though.