Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hi there

Hi there

Long time anxiety sufferer here. I am currently 25 years old and have suffered from health related anxiety since I was in middle school. I have no idea what brought it about. My mom is an overall nervous person, but I never had any traumatic childhood experiences that would predispose me to this kind of torment. Majority of my fears start with "what if", and I know alcohol tends to fuel my anxiety and irrational fears. I have seen psychologists and hypnotherapists that always provides a temporary fix. Have yet to resort to medication however. Really not sure the last time I was truly happy, but came here for any kind of help big or small. Maybe just to share experiences with those that suffer from the same fears.

Hello

It's good to share your experiences. It's always easier when you see that you are not the only person who struggles. Then you can realize that it's not something bad, many people shares it, it's just overthinking. I have anxiety and panic attacks, I constantly think about "what ifs" and stuff but recently I'm trying to cope with it. I listen to relaxing music, read stories of other people, share my own with my friends and family and rest more than I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIfPro View Post
    Long time anxiety sufferer here. I am currently 25 years old and have suffered from health related anxiety since I was in middle school. I have no idea what brought it about. My mom is an overall nervous person, but I never had any traumatic childhood experiences that would predispose me to this kind of torment. Majority of my fears start with "what if", and I know alcohol tends to fuel my anxiety and irrational fears. I have seen psychologists and hypnotherapists that always provides a temporary fix. Have yet to resort to medication however. Really not sure the last time I was truly happy, but came here for any kind of help big or small. Maybe just to share experiences with those that suffer from the same fears.
    Try meditation

Welcome to the forum. I am also a long time health anxiety sufferer and I have read acceptance is the key on the road to recovery.