Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Weird head pain/sensations can anyone relate??

Hi all,

Sorry to start on the forum with a long post but this is all new to me and I could really do with some advice/reassurance at the moment.

I’ve had anxiety for around 4 months which is all new to me and my main lingering symptom of concern is a daily headache which is in the back of my head, like a constant pressure/dull ache/fuzzy weird feeling most of the time, but then quite often (numerous times a day), I get a sharp(er) acute pain either on the left or right side at the back which can last a few seconds up to 10’s of minutes. I’ve also still got a lingering giddy feeling which is disconcerting.

I’ve had MRI, numerous blood tests, heart tests and chest X-Ray (because of palpitations and pain in chest), and a nerve conduction study, all normal. I’ve now got to wait 3 months to see the neurologist again because of the continuing weird headache.

Please can somebody relate to this and offer any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

...Some background info to what started my anxiety if anyone is interested...

I woke in the middle of the night about 3-4 months ago with pins and needles in my hands and feet, jelly legs, trembling, muscle twitching and so on, which I now believe was a panic attack (I'd never suffered one before). I then worked myself into a complete frenzy over the following weeks thinking I had MS as some of the symptoms continued (tingling and muscle twitches mainly and whooshes of fear flowing through me) and because I stupidly have insufficient life insurance to cover my mortgage and no income protection, I had/have an enormous sense of guilt at the thought of putting/leaving my family in a mess (I have two small children). Thoughts of impending doom etc played constantly on my mind and I then started getting strange pains and pressure in the back of my head every day as well. I ended up paying for an emergency MRI back in December, which came back normal thank God. I went through a phase of depression but have gradually started becoming myself again after doing my best to accept my doctors opinion that it is all anxiety, but the symptoms are still lingering and it's starting to play on my mind again and bringing me back down :-(

I'm still getting tingling in my hands and feet every day, but a lot less noticeable and the random muscle twitching has lessened since I calmed my anxiety down and went a few weeks anxiety free (ish). I cant seem to shift the the head pain and giddiness though.
    Last edited by Philly; 02-15-2018 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added background info

I sometimes have these feelings as well often times i believe that my neck is so tense that it causes pain through out my forehead and around my skull. Think tension headache anxiety makes me at least unknowingly tense and that then make me have weird muscle pains all over and be sore thats when the feeling of am i dieing creaps in happens. Jope your feeling better one thing i can recommend is deep breathing a few times a day i have found that can really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry to start on the forum with a long post but this is all new to me and I could really do with some advice/reassurance at the moment.

I’ve had anxiety for around 4 months which is all new to me and my main lingering symptom of concern is a daily headache which is in the back of my head, like a constant pressure/dull ache/fuzzy weird feeling most of the time, but then quite often (numerous times a day), I get a sharp(er) acute pain either on the left or right side at the back which can last a few seconds up to 10’s of minutes. I’ve also still got a lingering giddy feeling which is disconcerting.

I’ve had MRI, numerous blood tests, heart tests and chest X-Ray (because of palpitations and pain in chest), and a nerve conduction study, all normal. I’ve now got to wait 3 months to see the neurologist again because of the continuing weird headache.

Please can somebody relate to this and offer any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

...Some background info to what started my anxiety if anyone is interested...

I woke in the middle of the night about 3-4 months ago with pins and needles in my hands and feet, jelly legs, trembling, muscle twitching and so on, which I now believe was a panic attack (I'd never suffered one before). I then worked myself into a complete frenzy over the following weeks thinking I had MS as some of the symptoms continued (tingling and muscle twitches mainly and whooshes of fear flowing through me) and because I stupidly have insufficient life insurance to cover my mortgage and no income protection, I had/have an enormous sense of guilt at the thought of putting/leaving my family in a mess (I have two small children). Thoughts of impending doom etc played constantly on my mind and I then started getting strange pains and pressure in the back of my head every day as well. I ended up paying for an emergency MRI back in December, which came back normal thank God. I went through a phase of depression but have gradually started becoming myself again after doing my best to accept my doctors opinion that it is all anxiety, but the symptoms are still lingering and it's starting to play on my mind again and bringing me back down :-(

I'm still getting tingling in my hands and feet every day, but a lot less noticeable and the random muscle twitching has lessened since I calmed my anxiety down and went a few weeks anxiety free (ish). I cant seem to shift the the head pain and giddiness though.

Are you on meds?