Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello everyone. I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a 28 year old female who was recently diagnosed with a panic disorder. I've always been a sort of anxiety person, but didn't start developing serious symptoms until last year. I had an extremely rough time last year and began having panic attacks. I thought I was dying! I had no health insurance but eventually went to urgent care for chest pain. I developed some major health anxiety and swore I was dying for the last three months of the year. This year I finally got health insurance and a regular doctor and he confirmed what the urgent Care doctor told me: I have anxiety and am otherwise healthy.

Outside of that, I'm a gamer, cosplayer and Preschool teacher. I would love to connect with others who wish to chat and comfort each other when times get hard, and find some friends who are also into the same things as me. I wish to find ways to cope and defeat this anxiety, and help others with theirs!

Hello there! I'm a teacher and gamer as well. Nice to meet you and I hope we can fight our anxiety together

Hey and welcome
    Its so nice to meet you! I am so glad you were diagnosed now you know and you can work towards getting better dealing with the attacks

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatterAbi View Post
    Hello there! I'm a teacher and gamer as well. Nice to meet you and I hope we can fight our anxiety together
    Neat! What age do you teach?

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyyO View Post
    Hey and welcome
    Its so nice to meet you! I am so glad you were diagnosed now you know and you can work towards getting better dealing with the attacks
    Thank you! I'm still trying to figure out why I'm getting chest pain and breathlessness that lasts a few days even when I'm not anxious. I'm getting it just hanging out with a close friend and it's frustrating because I just want to enjoy myself. Is that normal for anxiety? That it seems to come in cycles even when you aren't feeling anxious?

Quote Originally Posted by LunarPhoenix View Post
    Neat! What age do you teach?
    All, ranging from kids at primary school to adults. It's really fun because there are different age groups and levels

About the thing you wrote about anxiety - it's normal. I also have problems with breathing and with heart when I'm not anxious per se. It's just in your head and you subconsciously think about it. What helps me is sitting for a moment, taking few breaths through my nose and keep telling myself that it's just a chemical reaction (anxiety) and it will pass after few minutes. Herbal teas (melissa, lavender and chamomile) are really helpful as well and talking with friends about my fears.

Its very common for sure. It happens to me all the time, I agree with MadHatter, herbal tea's are really helpful. I use them a lot when I am at work.

Do you guys ever feel like you cycle? I'll see a doctor and be fine for a couple weeks, then it starts up again for another couple weeks.

I did drink a lot of camomile tea last time so I'll start drinking more again! So far it feels like nothing really works because the symptoms just come back a little while later, but I'm trying and I really appreciate the advice.

Yes, it sometimes strikes back. That's why I decided to go for a therapy and I hope it will help a bit. The key during panic attacks / anxiety attacks is just switching your attention towards something else - even your breathing. What helped me is resting during the day and listening to calm music (I can't post links but if you type in Youtube 432 Hz Calming Music for Stress Relief you should find it).

Oh ya that's how it is for me. One day I feel fine, the next I am a complete mess. its so annoying. I have really bad days, but I work hard to have better days rather than bad.