Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I want it to end

Im a new here. I have quite the few issues. I've been feeling anxious and depressed for a few months. I'm a medical student and despite my knowledge on mental health, I can't bring myself to actually do what I should be doing having these feelings. I can't talk to my friends because they're all too busy. My parents seem to think depression is for the weak minded. I cant speak to our school counselor because they'll tell my parents immediately. I feel alone. I can't handle this much pressure but I don't want to disappoint. I just want it to end

so sorry your feeling this way. *hugs* its so much worse when you feel you have no one to talk to. You have come to the right place, thats for sure. Never feel you can't express yourself and let out all the feelings.

are you currently on any medications? Have you spoken to your doctor?

Welcome to the forum. Maybe if you talked to a mental health professional, it may help.

Sorry to hear you're struggling Condura. Unfortunately, most people who have never went through a strong bout of anxiety and depression are naive to how powerful the symptoms can be. I know it's hard - I've been there. You can recover though - it's often just a matter of knowing how. It may not feel that way, but I assure you, you can.

Have you by chance read my story on these forums? I am about 95% recovered from a severe anxiety disorder that lasted over four years. If you could spare some time, I think you would find my story helpful. I found a resource through my years of searching that has helped to lead me or of this. In many ways, I feel better and healthier now than I ever have.

You can find my story on this forum at this link: http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...ange-Your-Life

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer any

I wish you nothing but the best!

Jordan

You are in a good place! Try talking with any of us here, it will be much easier and it's not healthy to keep everything inside, because sooner or later it will burst, I've been there... Try meeting with a therapist or a psychologist, talking with those people also helps, no need to jump into medication, just take it slowly.

condura, know this for sure - you are among thousands upon thousands of med students have the same feelings of pressure and fear of disappointment and not feeling able to admit it to those close to them. are you sure the counselor will tell you parents?

It takes a lot of courage to push through hard times. Never give up. Good things are coming your way.