Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Head Space

The misconception of "Anxiety Being Cured!"
    Excerpt from → What Anxiety Does To Your Brain And What You Can Do About It
    Alan Henry
    Dec 14, 2016, 9:00pm
    "Anxiety itself is a natural human response that serves a purpose. Our goal shouldn't be to dismiss it entirely but to make it a healthy, manageable part of our lives. Even if you don't suffer from an anxiety-related disorder, anxiety is part of our world, the same way stress, sadness and happiness are. The key is understanding how to cope with it in a healthy way."

I found the part about GPs interesting. The article does push medication and also comes from a well known Marketer [Beyond Blue] within the industry and no doubt like GPs gets many kickbacks for its alignments, aims, recommendations and influencing. That said it does seem to offer up some truths that ring home for me.

'How I Cured My Anxiety!" ... really is now starting to sound desperate compared to today's main stream articles written by those well established in the field.

I think the link above really does give good perspective over all.

If I don't snap out of it soon, I think I will join the ranks of many others and go back on meds. My issue stand with the current system of always having to be sick in order to receive ongoing help. Not quite that simple, yet simple enough for those who've been in the system labeled for many years; decades.

How to break that cycle is not a part of the article - you find many written on that. At least not by those in the industry.

MONDAY - Tomorrow I see the therapist whom as you now I no longer trust. I hope to hear back today from the mentor fella. I will txt him for a reply this morning. I really am done with all this system and want out. Alas ... I see what happens tomorrow and will share. I am just as concerned about making myself understand with the GP on the following day.

On these two matters I admit my head is spinning, but that fact in no way should be used to minimise my points. Sadly such symptoms are quickly pointed out that our concerns are none other than twisted perceptions and that my friends is where we sufferers are commonly misunderstood. I know what others mean when saying such things and not closed to the point of maladjusted perception through persistent anxiety, but you know when such statements come from from an angle know as calling cards when all involved become frustrated with high levels of dysfunctional communication which in my case is happening more and more.

My angle I think is going to be ... instead of taking medication, I will seek to use the personal support for ongoing appointments due to this inability of my said twisted perception so that I can be sure to be clear and convey much of what Is said in this thread.

Yea sounds like a plan ... I think I better know how to follow up on this request for personally support re these Gps and said health care professionals. I no longer feel able to effectively answer their questions without support. I think all of the above makes for a good point what there are some of us that need such services when it comes to personal helpers and mentors. At first I was resistant and considered it extreme - that I be more like a retard for allowing myself to end up in such need. Being able to articulate has often been thrown back in my face. It's now been said up to a point that I really feel I can no longer articulate for myself. It's funny how that's happened ... it's really pissed me off. That's why I now feel more mute when fronting up to places of so called help.

My strengths are not being ashamed to speak up in here and tell it like it is. Help is out there ... I am not saying it's not ... I'm just sinking in another level of complexity that exists more for longer term 'claimants' - 'dependents' - 'byproduct' and the damage that arises from that having to repeat your story, the lack of record keeping, misinformation and so on. This feeling of having to fit the prerequisites under a system that requires many checks and balances in what is still a stigmatized filed - Mental Illness - only adds to the fear within the angst itself.

There is some form of relief to be found in the local facilities popping up where mentally effected people can socialize in a safe and nonjudgmental atmosphere. That I am thankful for. We need a lot more of them. Sometimes I wonder how twisted the perception of the well adjusted are towards such services and wonder if society would do better to put more focus on assessing it's own point of view. Sigh ...

Thx for listening.

I feel I have some big choices to make. Letting Go Completely - is on the horizon for me. I really am SO SO TIRED of all my clinging. I'm over the learning as is presented in this following vid. Like he says, we never stop learning - but suffering only ends when the searching ends. I've been battling with ego for a lonnnnnng time. I get that. That's been my true soap box. I've palmed things off with my "I am my own audience" song. I know now that I've been floating my boat. But that's OK - I've done and said what I've had to say and do. The hypocrisy, the irony ... all of it ... I own it all so that I can be rid of it. I don't beleive it will all truly be gone, but I do feel a deep desire to stop searching and even stop learning.

Looking forward to no longer telling but just living.

Yet ... tomorrow I still have some searching to do + the day after that to put a nail in the my coffin re the GP and all that.

Is OK to feel all weirded out with above vid ... I get that. Is a hollow message for the learned.

Is just an inkling for my new direction. A new injection of mojo for my next cycle of letting go. Give it a label if you must. Point and case on our need to continually to do so; as explained by the fella above. Yea I know, is hard to hear and your either into it or your not. Just logging it in to remind myself my time for searching is coming to an end. Not quite there yet ... but it is coming.

Nighty Night. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-29-2018 at 05:53 AM.

The days drama was relatively smooth. Worked out a good plan with therapist thanks to having support which went a long way to clearing my perspective and had me in a better light where the psychologists could also get a better understanding of just where I'm at. All I need do now is get the GP up to speed ... then I can relax once all are on board. It's a full time J-O-B if you want to be understood and not lead astray in a medical model that requires people to stay sick in order to receive $$$ funded support.

Good days work over all. Only one more to go.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-30-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Cities Skylines: My City is going well. I have provided a lot of walkways for pedestrians to help with city traffic. Has been a good distraction. ZZZZZZzzzzzzz Night night.

I am here...............
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

... and I am thankful for that. Thx D

How's your computer going these days D? I know you like you computer and the time you get to have on it. Will you be looking to update some time soon? May be a new screen? There are some really nice looking screens out there now. I've been looking at the ultra wide ones. Very immersive and great for multiple webpages without the need of having two or three screens.

Mission Accomplished! Going back with a community service worker by my side and a previous report used to pension me off nailed the outcome I was looking for with the GP. You really do got to use the system against itself in order to be heard. I was thanked for my persistence and now feel much better knowing I finally have a GP on my side. It's a big gamble doing what I did as I have had previous GPs get their backs up against the wall which only made things worse for me. Very happy with the last two days W-O-R-K. Now I can go back to the business of stability as I best know it.

I am actually looking for upgrade I started to have a bit crowded computer, and the screen, I do not watch tv so I do need a good screen The only problem is with Windows 10 (i can not afford the Mac) I do not like it, Ted have laptop with W10 and I get kind of lost there. I should read some guides but eh never have enough time for it. I keep hidden some cash when this one crashes I would be forced to get new one.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Have you considered doing something like this → Problem Solved!

I'm not sure what windows you found to be more user friendly but there are apps out there that can make one operating system a little easier to use through changing the desktop interface to mimic an older version that others find more familiar. Just a thought. My wife did it with nearly every release of operating system. I remember once doing it myself. I think I was emulating a Windows 2000 Desktop at one stage whilst using XP. Eventually both my wife and I would come to use the more modern one in time.

The biggest hassle is when the OS changes all those vital directories / shortcuts when one is a power user. Like when changing the path to a lot of useful background features or enable others that are not usually on. I think the move to make drastic changes here and there sets back the ease with pirating software. Just a thought. I may be wrong but it kind of makes sense to me. The more effort people have to go through to achieve a goal, the less they are likely to do it. The opposite of pacification; make life harder. The changes also make it easy to spam us with all that BS which I wont go into.

If I may go on as is a relative topic I am currently researching like crazy at the moment (Despite recent guru claims of no longer learning ... although completely different dynamic)... Remember when Windows 10 first came out and some of us made posts in this forum. I was one that hated windows 10 with a passion due to all the BS pasted on the front end. I quickly learned how to avoid and turn all that shit off. Not completely ... but is rarely a problem for me now. Despite my passionate distaste early on for windows 10, I have now come to see it as one of the better Microsoft OSs out of previous releases. It's quite compatible off the bat and when fine tuned runs like a bat out of hell. Maintenance seem much easier than in the past. The auto features seem to work seamlessly.

BUT - I totally get where your coming from. It took me quite a while with plenty of free time to adjust. I do 'everything' on my PC.

Hows the artisan work coming along? You still enjoying the process without getting to caught up in the politics and economy? Would love to hear how that's going. The good .... and the bad if you so wish.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-31-2018 at 01:53 PM.