Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Head Space

I get what your saying D. Thing is the world has changed so much. Everything we do these days about requires some form of registration and rules to comply with. A plane flew over quite low today which prompted me to contact the Civil Aviation Authorities when I got home. If turns out there are indeed a restrictions on flying kites similar to those of tethered balloons, drones and remote controlled unmanned areal vehicles. By the days end of researching I finally found out why I am not seeing many people flying kites this day and age. Granted our mobile devices and digital entertainment addictions play mostly into that, however I was disheartened to find out that kite flyers must adhere to the ever tightening drone laws of our modern day. If your part of a club, licensed, certified or doing some kind of commercial approved job; you might qualify for an exemption based on various conditioned agreed upon and planned before your proposed event. Once you digest that ... it kind of takes the wind out of your sails!!! LOL

You might think NAAARRRRRRR how could that apply to flying a kite?
    Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 still applies for today as I spoke on the phone with the appropriate person - Civil Aviation Authorities:
    Table of Contents:
    Part 101 D - Tethered balloons and kites
    Subpart 101.D Tethered balloons and kites:
    Subpart section → 101.110
    https://www.legislation.gov.au/Detai...#_Toc493165540

Long story short - there are a LOT of No Fly Zones as well as many Restricted Zones that most people today are not aware of. This lack of awareness seems to of led many local councils banning pastimes such as flying of kites to ensure the safety of our ever growing number of air traffic vehicles now frequenting the skies like flies at the local tip/dump.

I think there is a grey area in relation to the context of 'Tethered balloons and Kite' as in the term more meaning 'Tethered Kite' - which is usually those single line kites flown well above 40m ... typically around 100m. In Australia drones can not go above 120m/400ft unless approved. Getting approval is a headache! How to get around this. Hmmmmm ...

First Off. I will be aiming to fly a stunt kite on about a 25M line. I'm pretty sure this does not fall into the 'Tethered Kite' category. So not to worried about that other than your general bylaws/safety and all that. Easy enough to negotiate ... although No Fly Zones I think are a No Go for Any Kind of areal activity. I live in a NO FLY ZONE!

BUT - I am intending to fly Tethered Kites which is why I am educating myself before embarking full speed into this new hobby. You know how I get once I take something on. Regardless if I drop it 6 months from now - LOL - If I am not careful ... before I pull the pin I may very well attempt to launch a weather balloon. hahahahah ... already remember talking about that some time back.

Here is an app that tells you where you can fly:
    I live near the Helipad! In the No RED fly Zone - The Orange Zone is a Restricted Fly Zone which covers most of the beach front in my local area. The warning is a bit vague to me ... so I contacted them asking them to clarify. As there is another statement on their website that goes a little like this:
    You may fly within 5.5km of a non-controlled aerodrome or helicopter landing site (HLS) only if manned aircraft are not operating to or from the aerodrome. If you become aware of manned aircraft operating to or from the aerodrome/ HLS, you must manoeuvre away from the aircraft and land as soon as safely possible. This includes:

• not operating your drone within the airfield boundary (*without approval)
    • not operating your drone in the approach and departure paths of the aerodrome (*without approval)

100 grams .... LOL .... Yes there are plenty of Kites that weigh more than 100 grams and if they are up in the air within that orange boundary whilst there is an aerial vehicle incoming or outgoing one must immediately ground their kite upon becoming aware. Reading the CASA statements re 'You may fly ..... only if ..... bla bla' Is all well and good ... but what a fucking headache. There is a LOT of traffic these days and I guess why we have these laws.

So if your still following this post D - you see what I mean about the world not exactly being the same when it comes to hassle free outdoor activities. Of course clubs are exempt. Or if you spend thousands of $$$ on competing a course and becoming certified ... Sigh ... will take too long to explain but also plays into this day and age regarding one's approval to do the things they love to do. Smiles - not to worry.
    _____

This is a kite tethered to a hand: (these can easily exceed the AU Drone height restriction of 400ft/120m)

Some more tethered kites at a kite festival: You can be sure this event was logged in with local aviation authorities.

As far as I can tell, the stunt kite although technically tethered to the hand ... is not a high flyer as such: 25-35m is well under a landing planes path. If they were that close ... I'd be more worried than copping a fine. But I can see how high flying tethered kites pose a problem though. It's a pain I really don't want to have to worry about.

The stunt kite however is still regulated on the ground and for good reason; they can travel up to speeds of 100 miles per hour! None the less I think less of a headache until I hear back on the grey area of 'pilot awareness' with a 5.5km radius of an uncontrolled airdrome.

Now to think were I will go fly a stunt kite. I ponder to think about all the images and videos of city dwellers taking up space on the beach. It's hard enough dodging fishing line on the beach where I live let alone having to dodge stunt kites on some overpopulated beach. Narrrrr - only crazy people fly stunt kites on a busy beach ... yet ... you do see the weirdest things these days. People can be so ignorant ... yet I guess I can be easily viewed as over the top. I always have a hard time drawing the line. I just need to know the pros and cons before entering into the unknown. You know how it is with us fixated types. : )

NOW - to go research launching a weather balloon!
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-07-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Space X Falcon Heavy Rocket without all the BS atypical hysteria and ignorance
    https://youtu.be/ImoQqNyRL8Y?t=192

This is one of the better videos I found online. I have been quietly following Space X for a little whiles now. Specifically this launch. I was really disappointed with the Space X coverage given the amount of consumerist BS that was woven into its presentation. It was like watching Opera Winfrey and Saturday Night live all in one. Not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what your into ... but not my thing when gauging the technical specification and goings of such advances regarding human kind. I guess it's no wonder we are still using rockets with that kind of human behavior.

Just figured I would share some footage with more composure. It just seems so much more inspiring without all that hysteria. Smiles to think ... Nothing has changed. Nothing wrong with passion and excitement but you don't want to be in a room with a thousand of me when I get that way myself. I would not blame you for thinking I had ruined your experience. There is a lot to be said for composure at such events.

What do you think D? I mean of all the screaming, backslapping, cheering, dribbling and so on when your watching a such events?

Am I retarded for enjoying such events without all that BS Hysteria?

Hmmmm ... perhaps I should not of asked that. lol Be careful what you ask Dave. now I'm being hysterical.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-07-2018 at 04:34 PM.

No wind to be had this fine day. At least not when I took off to go fly my kite. Instead I ended up visiting a new friend place. He has a cool pad in a complex with mostly singles. Lots of Doctor Who DVDs and old posters from the 70s. I was impressed.

Back When We Knew How To Have A Laugh:

Should be a good year for space flight:

OK - Back to your Depression and Anxiety.

Kites incredible, i love it............. I am here just have no much to add it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Understood. I'm struggling big time with food and having trouble getting back on track. Guess I will keep trying, although my Birthday is being celebrated this Sat. My youngest daughter has made some awesome Vegan Cake. MMMM mmmmm

Thx Darl:

Also been having a hard time with routine in general. Is very hard when both partners are feeling fatigued. I really have been feeling exhausted and everything has been a huge effort. That said I am sure I will shake it loose. Id love to get back on my bike but detest the traffic. Regardless of how much I 'pretend' ... and all this polly wafflle possy wossy feel good pumping one self up does indeed feel like pretending once your surrounded by traffic and all that associated exhaust fumes. Walking seems to be the only way for now. Even that can seem overwhelming of late. At least I only have to dodge pedestrians with the energy it takes to be be civil with them ... not as intense. I'm at least still able to walk without staring at my feet. I think that is pretty much the gauge I am seeing for now. I'm still salvageable before I drop my gaze further where I know I will then let the morbid obesity set back in.

Just not sure what the fuck it is right now that is draining me like so. I know that after I eat a large portion of that cake tomorrow ... this despair I am struggling has got to stop. I don't do just a little of this or that. I ether go back to healthy eating or I will just keep slide into my self destructive ways. I'm an addict ... I have a chemical predisposition that kicks in pretty much straight away so for me ... there really is not balance when it comes to pleasuring myself with what we term, reason as rewards, going easy on myself, don't be to hard Davy Boy, Your being to strict, Have a bit of fun and so on. Given how my body reacts to drugs all round ... those reasonings are just excuses for me to let myself down.

Is time to go back off the coffee, sugar, salts, carbs, seasonings, and all things pleasuring. This new years transition with like wise drugs is taking me into march at this rate with a great need of rehabilitation to overcome the sideeffcts which have driven my itno depsair.

YEP ... I just nailed my recent hardships re mental health beyond the PTS of all that other shit. I have not bounced back because I have been clinging to the food. Before when you stated it is no wonder that I am comfort eating ... well ... thanks for saying ... and even this acknowledgement I give now is not enough. I have some hard core giving up to do ... some hard core withdrawing to do. Time for me to start treating food as medicine and start using my alternatives as comforts.

On that note I will experiment with the process for today knowing I still have one last piece of cake to take. After that ... I'm done with 'special'events - No Thanks - No offence - will have to be my new tune for future events.

MMMMM ... was this post enough.

Guess we will see.

BTW happy birthday I am not here on Saturday.
    Welcome to the club , I feel drained and kind of dead too....... I always say do not deprive your body of pleasure, we need some from time to time. The problem is not falling off the wagon but you filling quilty for it, D. you need to show more kindness to yourself. You already had done so much, Surviving and each day is accomplishment. Not everyone does understand that sometimes we have no energy and want to quit.
    So many years you fell and get up, I believe in you, it was just temporary set back D
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

My balance is to keep true to myself. I'm an addict pure and simple. I find pleasure in my healing with anything else more in line with temptation. I'm kind enough D but thanks for the direction. I get that. I really do. A little slippage later on, but right now I really need to draw upon my restrictive policies that conflict with another's outlook. Once I am back on track - perhaps maybe then. Maybe then I see your way a little better.

Re the energy ... it's very much coffee related as too my slippage with food. BUT YEA ... well said too D ... well said ... ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

I'll record my efforts and do my best to remain true in that. Day one on the coffee front is agony. BUT I try not to think about it too much. Other than that I am also just keeping my portions sizes down and keeping fluids up. I'll adjust more the finer things once I nail the coffee addiction first.

See what happens.

Is true enough what you say ... I understand it - also not getting any younger and the weather has been extremely hot ... allbeit a few days of reprieve. If Lisa was not so bent on living here ... I would move somewhere cooler in a heartbeat. Perhaps I move to Canada! Yea Yea ... I know - Sub Zero ... I'd still do it in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-08-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Back to my old ways that made me well - Lest 'I' forget!

I'm an addict. Not just someone addicted to coffee, but a hard core drug addict. Here's the thing. Where all addicts! However it's not for us to tell others what they need or how they should go about overcoming their addictions. Commiseration is a hard act to negotiate whilst remaining kind to self and others - I think mostly because everything we come to know is only a result of our own experiences. So it is I made the following video to spark on explanation as to how being kind to myself is not enough to overcome 'MY' hard core chemical predisposition as someone with an extensive history of chemical and societal abuse. It's one thing to reason why one may be using food for comfort but that does avoid the discomfort that comes from giving in to comfort itself. Especially when you know one is triggered by comfort living.

Being pacified by the comments of others, societal views, and so on is something I have been careful to negotiate in my previous bouts of successful living. Success being a term that can only be related to me. Again, the world and all those in it trying to float the boat of others by telling them what to ware, eat, drink and think. This study, that study, this phd, that phd ... bla bla bla bla and bla ...

What fucking works for you? Hey? Until you can outline your own shit and give good reason for what works or does not for you ... You literally pissing in the wind.

This is a good reminder for me as to why I am here. Not only has the pacification of Xmas knocked me back, but so to the view of others. Is how strong the wave of negative thinking is when it comes to pacification and how most of us subscribe to it. Is time for me to do what I know works.

Sustain effort in my weak areas as they pertain to drugs ... all forms of drugs. This includes food. I did well before because I obtained. To me obtaining is not depriving myself. In fact ... turning to food under the terms of comfort is depriving myself of my health as I know full well one coffee leads to another and another and so on, just as it is with one tea spoon of sugar.

I really don't need to do anything other than be true to myself. I would suggest that people in general don't need to do anything, other than consider the benefits in being true to themselves. Alas ... this is all about me and me I shall keep it about given that it's so easy to start preaching what others should or should not do.

So it is I am going back to hard core measures to drop the hard core drugs. I think food is actually as detrimental as illicit drugs with pharmaceuticals being the worst of all. Taking the latter whilst delving too deep into being kind and eating comfort food is a recipe for self harm with addicts like myself. Of course the Kind To Self philosophy I speak of is more in the content of kidding one self as opposed to understanding the hard core effort it takes and not view that as being hard on one self.

I now break down the 'got to be cruel to be kind' metaphor by saying ... only by appreciating and embracing the pain of living can I really embrace being kind. So it is that these complacent - more so - pacifying views woven into mainstream cliches of being kind and living comfortably will never work for me.

I'm srry that this will no doubt conflict with others to whom I am happy for in their own methods which are not the same as mine. Alas comes the danger in tell others what they may or may not need. I was falling into that trap myself - I've been doing it ... but now pulling myself up on it. Now I am just focusing on what works for me. Instead of using a camera for that kind of selfie ... I choose to be selfish in other ways and I'm also prepping to use some anger ... although do it in a healthy way. I rate my success on not how often I fail, but how often I am left standing once the BS settles.

Continually being up and down only leads to disease. Xmas, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, ANZAC Day, This Day, That Day ... Yepsirrrrreeeee - The world is sick in it's BS view re comfortable living. FTW! Is time for my old tune I know so well ... that is being kind to myself. : 0

Here's to knowing what success really is and what it takes. No doubt a personal view. One I am content with ... I am content in my discomfort as is the only way forward for me.

I SUGGEST you don't eat that!!! Classic ... I love this guy: