Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's inspiring news Sal. Thx heaps for posting about it. It was cold for me yesterday late afternoon but all the things you described kept me feeling good about my choice to get outside. It is also helping me. Somthing else that can help us and is FREE!

No chance you could take a photo of a tree or anything next time your out? Would be good to see some of where your walking. You got mobile phone with camera ability?

Understand if the process is a bit much

Thanks again for the encouragement. I really needed it.

Cheers. NOW I GET OUT OF BED

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    No chance you could take a photo of a tree or anything next time your out? Would be good to see some of where your walking. You got mobile phone with camera ability?
    You have a deal I don't have a mobile phone right now, but a digital camera that only needs a battery (I think), might be fun for me to add that goal. My walk is super pretty and the trees hang over. Sometimes I only go up and down my long road into the building and its winding, even looks nicer in the fall.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm excited about giving it a try.

Maybe someday I could do a vblog when I get better equipment to do so. Always wanted to and journal what goes though my mind while I walk. Not always good sad to say.

..... I got out of bed and out the front door this morning.

No pressure man ... all in your own time. May I suggest if your not already a member to perhaps consider joining either:
    IMGBB image hosting site.
    FLICKR image hosting site.

Those image hosting sites are much better to display photos in forums. Using the forum attachment process in here does not display photos very well.

Here is a → GUIDE I made up on how to post images into your forum posts. (Under my old user name Ponder') That guide is for Flikr which I use a LOT.

Here is how to sign up to Flickr:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut6NUTYjWkY

Although that one might be outdated ... the process is similar. Creating a Yahoo email is easy enough, however there are tutorials on how to create a Flikr account without a yahoo email ... I recommend just creating a yahoo email.

Anyways ... I go on too much. Srry about that. Just giving you all the info. Once you get the hang on hosting photos on your own online photo library and embedding your images straight into your posts ... you'll have more ways in which to express. It's also good to learn new things.

Here are two snap shots I took with my phone yesterday whilst out in the lower afternoon sun:

I used Photoshop to title the photos and use a filter to show more of what I was seeing. The larger central photo is a path I regularly walk which is placed high than most other streets/roads. This path allows me to catch the last bit of the sun before disappearing below the horizon. In the middle of this photo you will see a the last glimmer of sunlight reflecting way off in the distance. I zoomed in with my phone and used my Photoshop filters to bring out more of what I was actually gazing at whilst walking with the last bit of the suns rays on my back:

(Interestingly enough the building it is reflecting off is an old age care facility for near end of life)

The next one is more to show the tree line of the lake where I took other photos and posted in my journal thread ... were I sungaze/bathe and meditate:

Last edited by Imperfect; 08-09-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Rough even getting up today and wanting to stay up for that matter. Took a long time to get out of the house and get in the shower, but I made it out for a walk despite. Severe anxiety and panic and hyper-vigilant of everything and overly aware. Glad I did though and it subsided a little as the day progressed.

That being said..

First walk on Jan 1st in (many many) years. For many years I was hungover well into the new year and took days to come around. I think I should pat myself on the back and be proud

That's awesome Sal. Well done. My daughter left two beers in the fridge before going on holidays. They were the first and only beers I have had over the course of more than a year. I fell to sleep straight after and then remembered just how addictive alcohol can be.

I have seen over the months how my daughter slowly increases the amount to get the same affect. Thankfully she agreed when I expressed my concern. She is now drinking less ... but still struggles as 'the gene' is Very Strong in our family. Alcohol is hard enough on those less prone to addiction, let alone in family's with a history of mentall instability. That said...more and more people who think thier a cut above, are falling prone.

Each to thier own. I'm not in a rush to start drinking any more.

I note how much more I am seeing some of the relatives succumb to the drink. I see it a lot this time of year. Closet alcoholics.

Wine buffs think they hide it better. "Would you like drink?" "Would you like drink?" "Would you like drink?"

I think I too, shall pat mysel on the back.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-04-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I am however, still struggling with food. I will have to nail that early this year!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Same here Ponder, very strong in my genetics also.

Good you were able to stop, I wouldn't be able to stop so I must avoid it. I don't miss it at all but it was more of an escape from reality and life for me rather than something I ever enjoyed. I was getting coma drunk towards the end - then end meaning - when i was hospitalized (3 times in 2 years) with fatty liver and still to this day my liver function is off and I have tremors that are here to stay. Also beer wasn't cutting it so I picked up whiskey.

Good you recognized it quickly.

I've gotten out of shape as well but I think I can catch this before it gets out of control. I've been walking somewhat but tired quickly and been stiff and get sore on the walk back. I just should take it slow since I became a couch potato for a while there.

Wish you luck with everything
    Last edited by salvator here; 01-04-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Keep posting and highlighting your walks Sal.

I feel like crap -= Up font I have been feeling angry and full of rage these last couple of days ... deep within. Been in a lot of residual pain both physical and mental.

I work it out ... going for a walk NOW!!!
    __________________________________________________ ___

I am tethering on morbidly obese (I am already in the obese category - it's just today it does not show as much because most of us are. I feel it though!!!) ... I need to keep it in check and settle for my pudgy self right now ... only if I keep moving that is. That is to say If I move and remain pudgy ... that is OK ... I still reap the benefits of walking in many other ways. I know if I keep moving, I will eventually bounce back and lose the weight the NEEDS to come off. I am not happy when morbid ... let alone just hitting obese. Only because I know better and have nothing else in my life that really helps. I do ... but then again I don't. Only I can help myself in matters such as these ... Yet environment and others can influence us ... but careful not to let that be an excuse.

rar and rar ... bla and bla ... OK ... I get moving. Is as is just for me. No one else ... but also cheering for you and others with whatever your wishes.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-05-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Listening to now via txt to speech whilst out walking. Thought it was very appropriate.
    https://walking.heartfoundation.org....-mental-health

Edit ... The meeting others is less a deal for me ... the general being out of the house on the walkways is enough and even then I tend to rather be in nature as people today are generally very sick people and not healthy to be around. But that's just my take.

Walking for the physical sensation and what that does, is all I am promoting here. Physco-socialization is something I feel is being overly pushed. The more society forces people to integrate; the more many of us will retract. In this ... society is still very oppressive. It labels people as sick and then alienates them for not mixing with the status quo.

I will talk more about this in my thread as I came upon some really interesting info whilst out walking = BY MYSELF!
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-05-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Read the edit above.