Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Walking Cured My Depression

A very Simple Treatment that 'Requires No One other than Yourself'

Socializing is important, but is way over marketed in our well being crowed . People miss the point about social anxiety and like wise depressive states of being. There are times where it's actually good to be alone and enjoy the space it brings. For far too long now we have been dissing people who like their solitude wanting nothing than their own space. Can we really blame them when you consider this shrinking world? I think more a case of over zealous extroverts stigmatizing and somewhat jealous to benefits of introverted living.

I think a case of popularization and sensationalism marginalizing non participants all in the name of the well being/marketing agendas. Think about it. It really explains a lot of the negative commiseration and focus on loneliness as tied to depression in mental health circles being spouted by so many young saplings. They have been taught to think in such ways. It's been like a marketing campaign to groom the next gen into self help reliance with I say it again ... a consumer agenda. The greatest deception being to teach people how sick they are when really they've never been. Talk about the law of attraction and the power of it's manifestation ... meh ... goblygoo ... takes a lifetime to understand that talk yet is sold so cheap. Not to worry, as long as they are consuming the txt, pay for subscriptions and purchasing pills and buying into those BS treatments.

I am thankful to know that my Health Plan costs me nothing, requires nothing of any one else ... other than a Well Timed Walk. It's only when I am not walking and rely on the txt of someone else that I find myself having to spend money I do not have that then I find myself being 'lead' back into despair - hmmmm interesting fact indeed - such is the manipulation and dependency. It's such an addiction that speaking our against it brings so much flack ... usually from said sapping or long time addicts that are too tired for anything else. Is what it is ... Their bitching and moaning only inspires me to revamp my soap box and challenge said BS treatment and shallow views that do more to feed anxiety and depression.

When such shallow treatments run their course or in many cases present new problems as a result of long term reliance on chemical solutions that ultimately are no solution to lifestyle related problems.

It's OK to have a cry but do only consume what you need being sure to keep things real.

You can't beat walking when it comes to depression. If you miss that boat, then yea ... your hand will be working overtime lifting those pills - at least Way More than you really need. Your life will be a long and painful one.

awwwwwwwwwwww ... was that not inspiring?

I love PollyWolly !!!
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-08-2018 at 02:16 PM.

yes walking helps, working in garden with plants helps, I think for me is being out and observe and absorb nature works very well. Today I went outside worked on some shoveling helping my hubby. He used snowblower. The cold crispy air helped me to clear my head and get rid of negative thoughts at least for now
    I am not sure anyone will post here, people prefer to fix problems with pills (I take one a day too)
    Herbs help, distractions, hobbies, animals, and much more
    I like walking too, especially when there are not people present, I actually could do with a dog , to take him/her at least twice a day outside to have more than garden.........I had a huge dog for 13 years and we walked a lot, I was slim then and did not have any digestive problems, There was no better time than walking with my girl
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Reading will be enough : ) I too still pop one from time to time. Mine are like on demand. New high tech system hey - lol On Demand Pill Supply ... works for me. Only wish I could do it with chocolate and cookies!!!

This thread is not so much about getting a response. although the img that represents pollywolly's assertion of me is there to let others know they may respond if they so wish. (ZZZZZZZZZZ) How pompous to say like so? Oh My - What fun it is to be me. It has passionately inspired me for this next seasons fit. hehe Mood Swings as they say, but how mute they sound using such limiting terms.

D - you look vibrant last time I saw pic of you with your bike!!! You also sound vibrant of late which too inspires me.

Loving the sound of the crispy air.

Thanx for sharing D. All positive stuff.

You know somthing ... my wife was just telling me how it's more a case our daughters depression is resultant from all those BS imges that make her want to be more than she already be. She is a quiet girl but all that BS about being loud, being brighter, being popular, being groomed and on and on ... that's the fucking shit that makes her depressed. Fucking extroverted lifestyles being marketed as blissful and success.

I'll be loud for all of us.
    Is all good D - makes for a good read! Tell em like it is. Bitter sweet but much better medicine! It's intellectually refreshing.

Roll on up ... let the crap fly ... Give us your best!!
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-08-2018 at 03:30 PM.

it is "such refreshing inteligience" I am still laughing,,,,,,,,,,,,no kidding. Not very often people make me laugh. You know D, there is going to be like two days peace and quiet here, then the Pandora's box will open.......it will
    Btw your daughter is such a beautiful girl with very sad eyes, How can she have a low self-esteem?
    f***** society such pure pressure on young people, such bs and propaganda ..............eh
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hi, this is a good story. Thank you. Walking and fresh air make wonders. This is the best advice for those suffer from depression.

yes walking helps you away from being alone or being depressed . walking in the garden , doing some exercise while walking and breathing some fresh air.

Walking has also helped me tremendously with depression and anxiety

Meditation has many benefits too, relief for stress and anxiety being among them. Meditation helps me to become more peaceful and more attentive to everything in my life, it helps me to understand my own mind.

Meditation has many benefits too, relief for stress and anxiety being among them. It helps me to become more peaceful and more attentive about everything in my life, it helps to understand my own mind.

Having sorted out some heavy stuff ... I've just started again. I also did a 10 minute meditation earlier today and a 15 minute one half way through the day. It really is my medication. It took a bit of convincing with my current GP, but she got the message today after taking in a support person who validated the work I have been doing as well as what they have been practicing with me. EFT. I need to do more than one practice ... but overall ... walking is a combination of all of them.

Glad some of you guys can also feel the benefits.