Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I don't know how to deal with this

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this since I'm new to the site. Anyway, I just started a new job. I've had anxiety my whole life, specifically social anxiety. I woke up this morning just feeling off, kind of gloomy. I went in to work and everyone asked me what was wrong and just blew it off and said I was sick. Then I started getting the urge to cry. I ran to the bathroom and started bawling for no reason. My manager came in and asked what was wrong, I lied and said my grandfather was sick (which he is, but that's not why I was crying), and then she sent me home. I didn't want to tell her that I was upset for no reason. I dread going back to work the next time because I'm so embarrassed. I don't know what's wrong with me.
    Last edited by HS1998; 12-24-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Journaling is a good place to start to figure out what's wrong. Two important questions to ask yourself

1. What am i avoiding?
    2. What do I need?

Write down what you come up with and begin to talk about it. This may not get you to the root of your issue right away but it's a good place to begin..

Good luck.

HS1998, looking back, do you now know why you cried? Do you have more insight into it now than you did when you started this thread back in December of last year?