Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are you married?

I just want to know, how's it working out for you - with your anxiety issues and all?

I'm not married, but anxiety wrecked a long-term relationship I had. People have their own needs and they're programmed to seek their attainment. I was unable to meet her needs because of my anxiety, and eventually that drove a wedge between us. I don't blame her. I think she came to realize my failure to meet her needs wasn't because I was lazy, but just cos I was messed up.

No i'm not married. In some ways it would be nice to have someone here, but then i think, maybe i'm just to set in my ways. Could i put up with a woman in the house all the time ? leaving the top off the toothpaste; the loo seat down, and her dirty knickers in the sink !!!!

Hi im married happily for 20 year's and been with my wife for 26 year's ive not been a model husband because of the health problems i have but the one thing that has helped us to stay in a strong relationship is our children that both are disabled and looking after there needs has helped us to stay together and the relationship grow strong as the year's have past

Yes. I can relate to that Twich. Its been a similar time scale this end. Raising children and facing challenges as too the ongoing fostering of those relationships, have helped to make it a team effort. Although we now sleep in different rooms nor have intimate relations in physical terms we are still bonded in ways not so readily understood. All that has come before us and how we have met those challenges have made us who we are today. The way in which we each view our status may alter with ongoing challengers. End result is that we are still together, supporting our kids and facing the ongoing challenges that this oh so wonderful world brings.

Given that baby sitting/child minding centers/institutions do most of the rearing today, with social services, various professions and pharmaceuticals looking after the byproduct ; I tip my hat to you.

Well Done!

Its not about the white picket fence and romance depicted on TV, Billboards, Radio and mobile screens.

Living this life is not about number one.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-11-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks ponder my wife and i would never let social services get involved with our family we had children not them in the uk there's so many horrendous story's about people not getting the care needed and being mistreated by the people who are looking after some of the poor people in they're care it will not happen to my son or daughter my wife and I still love each other and have as near as possible a normal loving relationship between us

I'm not married. Probably never will be.

Although I'd like to get married someday, getting married is not high on my priority list and never has been for me.

I'm young so not yet, but I would like to one day.

I am. Two years now. The anxiety does bring it's problems to the table, but talking things through, being open, honest and putting in the extra effort whenever you can makes up for whatever damage the anxiety causes for the relationship. In my case both me and my wife are sufferers, so it's tricky, but we're there for each other, and I think that helps.