Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Easy technique to help improve your mood and mental health

Hey guys hope your all doing well. This is a quick video about how to improve your mood and mental health by acting how you want to feel.

https://youtu.be/eNB66h5K7rM

I've tried this out a bit and I really think there is something to it. Doesn't solve all your answers but its something easy to do without much efforts.
    In the video I show some scientific examples of how this technique works and explain some real life examples of it.

Have a great day and don't forget to be kind to yourself.

Peace x
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MENTAL HEALTH YOUTUBE CHANNEL! ! !
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLpN6BgYPi129yaPXa5G7rQ?view_as=subscriber?&ab_channel=BarongBajBaj

Thanks Barong.. I’m struggling this morning and I tend to do the foetal position thing, so I am deliberately changing my posture.

Oh and being kind to myself is something I’m terrible at, so that little reminder was helpful too
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I often view the gist of said methods as 'act'ive affirmations. 'Act'ively engaging in the way we would like to feel. Knowing how to get out of a lull is one thing and finding the strength sure can be hard. I can vouch for smiling even when things things feel like shit definitely works for me. Coming from a pessimist and a worn out cynic like myself is saying a lot to just how effective 'acting' can be. I feel the key is in one's genuine intent with regards to connecting in a way that does not feel fake or just plain uncomfortable. In this way pretending is not so shallow but rather an very effective tool.

That's my take on it ... was already in the process of smiling away my depression when my notification popped up with the Title "Mental Health Tip- Act How You Want To Feel"

Excellent presentation Barong! So True.

Very helpful, thank you so much!

One of the books I read talked about this. It’s called “biofeedback”. I think it’ll become more widely used/understood when we understand the mind/body connection better
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer