Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Threaded View

Thumbs up 101 How To Embed Images Into Your Forum Posts!

Comprehensive 101 on using Flickr BBCode to embed your images:
    The method is very similar across multiple hosting sites and forums. If you take your time with this information, you should be able to understand the process very well and not only be able to embed your images, but also know how to choose appropriate embedding/display resolutions/sizes + the general layout of your text in relation to your pics. You will also learn what's in the code and why + how to manually adjust the code to link to any site you wish! As stated in the title I’m going to focus on Flickr.

NOTE* I will have to lay out this tutorial into segments as 'each post' in this forum can only host up to four images; this includes emotes as well.
    __________________________________________________ __

Part One
    Creating a Flickr Account, Signing In, Accessing Photostream & BBCode:

1. Image Hosting Sites First you will need to be a member of an image hosting site like Flickr or ImgBB. There are others out there that have their pros and cons. With regards to 'free accounts' ← you won't be able to host working gifs with flikr. I use ImgBB for hosing animated gifs. (more on the later)

2. Once you have created an account and singed in you'll need to UPLOAD the images that you wish to embed - into your forum post. I do beg your pardon as I have just realized I've not included images for uploading instructions - DOH!!! After signing in ... just look for the upload icon in the top right hand corner. It is an icon image of a white cloud with a broad arrow through it. It's to the left of the bell icon aka notification icon. Again top right hand corner. Just follow the instructional images. Once done follow on with this tutorial.

After you have created a Flickr account, singed and uploaded your images ... you will need to:

3. ACCESS YOUR PHOTOSTREAM
    (I'm winging this so correct me if wrong!)

5. FINDING THE SHARE ICON:
    Note* Unlike this image, the preceding images are un-clickable. This image has a
    link attached to it separate from the BBCode. This allows users to be taken to any site I wish. I will explain further in.
    For now lets just find the Share Icon!

6. ACCESSING THE BBCode:
    I reset my browser cookies so that my screen would present the same image (left image as below) as a first time user. You will need to navigate to the -
    BBCode Tab as depicted in the right image below where you will be presented with some size options which we will discuss in part two of this tutorial:
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-02-2017 at 01:07 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/