Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Post Newbie holding on to the hope that it will get better

Hey ya'll,

I've just as I am currently dealing with anxiety over my sexual orientation. I've posted on different platforms before I found this one and feel this is a good lace to share my current issue. I also would like to help others out too as I know anxiety can be a tough situation to deal with. At the moment I fee defeated but holding on to hope that things will get better. Just posted on general forum about my issue but its awaiting moderators approval so thought id introduce myself here too.

Ohh and I am a woman in her mid 20's living in the states.

Hi Holding on.

Welcome! Everyone is super supportive here.

When it comes to feeling anxiety over your sexuality, what is it that is really niggling at you? Is it a multitude of things or just one?

Things will always get better, you do just have to hold on and keep getting back up again. I know it can seem relentless, but everything will always be okay.

Wonder xx

Hey and welcome

It gets better.. Then worse.. Then better. That’s how it’s been for me at least. Everyone’s anxiety differs in severity and cause though and some people overcome it.

Hope this place helps. It’s pretty quiet but it’s helped me quite a lot.

Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Thanks alot wonder, I hope you and everyone else on here are okay too.

Lol my sexuality anxiety issue details quite a long issue. Basically I am not confused about my real life feelings (I am a woman attracted to guys-still a virgin though) but some of my behavior on the internet and fantasies have made me question if I am bisexual or a lesbian based on those behaviors despite not wanting to be with a woman in real life at all. I submitted a post under review that basically details everything and its been something I've been analyzing for 6 months and now I am just really trying to reach out for support as I'm so tired of living inside my head.

Thanks gypsylee for your welcome too. Yea anxiety is really rough.

Yes, that would be confusing and cause anyone anxiety. In time, as you age and grow, you will learn more about yourself. I believe our sexual orientation is much more about it being something we are born with. The key is you have to be ready to accept and love yourself for who you are. Do you think that maybe you have never wanted to be with a woman in real life is because that is just too scary?

A lot of people in the "real" world just can seem to understand.They say we're weird or a screw is loose. I say, they are ignorant. your name is very fitting. yes, holdingon - just HOLD ON. :-)

I believe fantaisies exist for everyone, same like strange or bad thoughts, however it become an issue when it starts to be obsessions and makes people suffer. Obsessions most of the time contrast with the reality, so you need to make sure what is it about: just obsessions or real desire.