Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I can't deal with my depression

Hello everyone! I have never been on any forum before because I used to have many friends and spend time with them and share my thoughts and throubles with them, so I'm not sure how it works here and where I can tell my story. I really would like to get some support. I've been to psychotherapist, been taking pills and tried everything to improve my mental health, like meditation, yoga, etc. I'm 22 years old and I have a lot of things to tell and I really need to do this because it is inside me and I would like someone to hear what I got to say and give me soem advices. I have registered here to find people with similar experiences and problems and find out how they deal with their depression. I hope to get your permission to post my story here. Thanks

Hey Yana,

Nice to meet you. What's Helsinki like this time of year? Pretty but cold, I imagine!

Just a shot in the dark, but have you had any blood work done recently? Sometimes hormonal problems and/or vitamin deficiencies (like vit B and D) can cause stubborn cases of depression.

My depression is very cyclical. I try to get things done when I'm feeling more upbeat and try to rest when the low mood comes around. The low mood usually hits hard.

Please post whatever you want. I like to think we're a friendly crowd.

Welcome to the forum. You can interact with others on this forum, many who have the same concerns as you. AGAIN, WELCOME!

Hi and welcome, Yana
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Yana, first of all congratulations on getting your post to work. Others have complained that they couldn't post on the Welcome Forum. When i was 22, I was working as a waitress and going to Georgia State University. But my problem was, I didn't know what to major in. Oddly enough, I ended up with a Psychology degree. What's going on with you? Do you work, live with your parents, what is your story?

You are so young, so there is so much hope for you, get this sorted out before you are 40, then it really is less hopeful.

I have found that dealing with anxiety and depression gets much better as you get older. You can always remember past events and say to yourself, "Well, I survived that and I can survive this" and you just get a better perspective on life. And you don't worry as much about what other people think.