Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Another newbie

Another newbie

Hi everyone, I'm Sara, 28 yo. I feel like I'm headed a very dark road and I don't know what else to do but share my troubles with you and hope you can help me understand and deal with them...

Thank you

Do you think you have more of anxiety or depression? Most people have some of each. For example, I have a lot more anxiety. I worry about everything! Tell us more so we can help you.

Welcome aboard, Sara.
    I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. You’re not alone. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and provide the help you need at this time. Please know that we all care about you and are here to support you. Feel free to share your story with us. Hugs & prayers!

Hi Sara and welcome to the forum

I know exactly what you mean by “heading down a very dark road”. I often feel completely overwhelmed and out of control, but things are hardly ever as bad as the anxiety tells you they are.
    Last edited by gypsylee; 11-06-2017 at 02:22 AM.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Isn't that the truth?! My anxiety is always telling me how awful and terrible things are and then reality shows me differently.

Sara, welcome to the forum. Anxiety and stress can be tough to deal with, but with the help of others and self-help, you can beat it or at least learn to deal with it and accept it. Acceptance is one of the keys to overcoming stress and anxiety.

I posted a couple of days ago, but it seems t wasn't approved by an admin yet, I guess...I hope I didn't write something offensive!

Welcome, Sara. I hope we can help you. We'll try our best.

Sorry guys, I tried posting twice but my story isn't approved or something...I don't know. I won't try the third time, because I wrote a novel the last two times and I can't do it again.
    Today is an especially difficult day and I would say I have both anxiety (since April) and depression, but probably mild since I can go to work and do stuff. I don;t think any advice can help me really...so I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Hi Sara,

I can't tell you how sorry I am that you are feeling like this. This forum is one of the best places you can be, it helps talking to people who understand. Just express what triggers you and maybe one of us can offer some advice. For instance, I too suffer with Anxiety and depression. And I know what triggers them. Rejection for my depression, and social situations / unrealistic thoughts with my anxiety.

Someone gave me some great advice once, and it helps in the midst of depression.

To the world, you are just one person. But to one person, you might just be the world.

We're all here for you.

Wonder xx