Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Restarting Celepram (citalopram) ??

Hi All,

Two years ago I had extreme anxiety, the dr prescribed me celepram (citalopram) which ended up helping. Fast forward two years I've started developing anxiety again, nothing major like before but some days are worse than others - I try to convince myself that I can past it without the need for the pills again but it seems to be getting worse. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I should add , from what Ive read and experienced the anxiety gets worse on the medication before getting better - and im going on holidays in 4 weeks
    Last edited by randomsarz; 11-19-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Hi there,

I would try the meds again. The worst side-effects are definitely over by 4 weeks and the medication might have even started working. So if you start now you could be ok for your holidays.

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Randomsarz, why did you stop taking the celepram?

Just curious.

Often the effects of SSRIs lessen after about 2 weeks. So there's a good chance you'll be feeling ok by the time you holiday.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking medication as long as it's a means and not an end. You'll find it much easier to change your thinking and improve your life if your brain chemistry is in balance.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. It'd be cool if you let us know!

Martin.. That profile pic suits you so well lol.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hi randomsarz,

I'm on Citalopram too. What dosage was you on before? I started on 20mg and I didn't notice too many side effects, I was just a little fuzzy for a couple of days as they got into my system.

I think only you can decide whether you're anxiety is as bad as two years ago, but if its playing on your mind I would suggest going to see your GP, even if its just for some reassurance, sometimes that can help with symptoms (it does me).

Just remember, you got this. Good Luck in whatever you decide!

Wonder101 xx

If your side effects continue for to long talk to your doctor about that it could be serious