Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Should A Battered Woman Leave The Abusive Husband/Boyfriend?

It's common to hear about women who won't leave their husband/boyfriend who physically batter them.

So many of these men don't change, even lots of them who decide to go into therapy. Psychotherapy works for some people and some people it doesn't.

But even if counseling worked one hundred percent of the time for wife beaters, would it still be a bad idea for the female to stay with the abusive man in the short term?

Yes, I think so.

A man who beats up his wife or girlfriend has had irrational negative beliefs about women for many years. That doesn't just go away after five weeks of therapy.

Yes a man that batters a woman is never going to stop that appalling behaviour and isn't a man

Yes. She must leave him immediately. Sue him, even. This is not love.

Yes. you should not even ask this question................
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

My dad beat up my mom when I was 10 and I saw it all. Til now, they're not friends and to think they've been lovers for 15 years.