Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hello

Red face Hello

Hi everyone,

I am here because I have struggled with anxiety on and off for the last few years. It seems to be very situational and I am trying to learn more about it now. It recently started up again because I am in school to become a teacher and am finding it all quite stressful. Whenever I have a panic attack I want to quit and almost do. I start my practicum tomorrow, which is what I am afraid of. The course works is quite easy. It is very short so I am hoping to feel better after and go from there before the longer practicum stretch.

Thanks for reading!

Hi Sadiekins and welcome
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Welcome to this forum, Sadiekins!
    I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. I appreciate your willingness to connect with us here. I know it’s not easy to go through anxiety. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? A caring professional might be able to help you cope with your difficulties. Do you have a support group nearby where you can connect with people regularly? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His peace and provide the help you need at this time. Please know that we all care about you and are here to support you. Hugs!

Thank You. I finished the second day of my practicum and it was a lot better than expected but still a lot of anxiety on what’s to come. My first time teaching being observed. 7 days to go!

I am not seeing anyone but am looking into it for after my practicum. I have two other teacher candidates at my practicum school so we meet after school to talk and decompress. It’s been very therapeutic. Especially since one has experience with anxiety. Thanks for your thoughts! It’s much appreciated. What helps me the most when I start to feel panic is something my mom said to me.

It’s all been done before. You aren’t the first person to do and go through this and you won’t be the last. It’s not the end of the world.

Sadiekins, I'm glad it went better than what you expected. And I'm also glad that you're trying to learn more about your anxieties because knowledge is power.

Hello im also new here haha

Sometimes we over think things and scare ourselves more lol Im glad it went well!