Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anxiety over leg pain

Hi,
    I've had some leg pain in my calf. I went to the doctor because I had been on a long car ride. I went for an ultrasound and was told there are no signs of a blood clot. But even with that and the pain has not gone away. Even though they told me that, I can't wonder if they missed something. I feel like I'm being unreasonable but yet can't get past it. Any advice?

Is your leg still in a lot of pain? It's hard for me to believe they would miss a blood clot so I feel sure you're safe from that. It should get better soon. (unless you went to someplace that is incompetent, a blood clot would be hard to miss).

Lynn 1987, how much confidence do you have in this doctor? Did he or she seem thorough and competent?

Hi,
    Thanks for the responses ...
    Anne - I'm not in a lot of pain but intermittent discomfort in varying areas now in my leg
    MainerMike - I do trust my doctor - my issue is I went online and saw that sometimes ultrasounds miss blood clots and I"m having this continued discomfort.
    I may need to go back to the doctor to discuss this further. It's so difficult though - I've had varying issues for a while that turned out, for the most part, to be nothing - but I don't want to miss something that may be important.