Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Claire Weekes

Claire Weekes

Hi there!

I am new to this forum and reading through it I found out about Claire Weekes. Really want to get a hold of her audiobook "Pass Through Panic". Unfortunately I cannot order it online as there's something about rights and literally NOWHERE it is available in my country (Itunes, audiobooks.com etc). Was wondering if someone by any chance has this audio recording and could share it with me?

Quote Originally Posted by aspazija View Post
    Hi there!

I am new to this forum and reading through it I found out about Claire Weekes. Really want to get a hold of her audiobook "Pass Through Panic". Unfortunately I cannot order it online as there's something about rights and literally NOWHERE it is available in my country (Itunes, audiobooks.com etc). Was wondering if someone by any chance has this audio recording and could share it with me?
    Wow a coincidence, I am in exactly the same boat!

I am in the UK and have just finished listening to the two audiobooks available on audible, only to see that the third one (pass through panic) cannot be downloaded!

It was when I googled about it that I saw someone here had posted the download, this was a few years ago though.

If anyone could help us that'd be great! Not sure why this one is so rare to find!?

Hey I cannot reply to your private message for some reason!
    Anyway, yes, let's keep each other updated on this one.

what did you think about the other two books? I have not listened to them either.

Hey guys..

Here’s some free Claire Weekes stuff:

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression....uk/relax.html

She really was ahead of her time and I should probably listen to her every day. If I had to summarise her work in a sentence or two I’d say that:

a) Anxiety is a normal reaction among animals but some of us are more “sensitised” than others;
    b) Not adding the “second fear” is the key to overcoming anxiety disorders

Good luck finding that other book!

Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Sensitised as in traumatized by this wonderfully imperfect world.

Did you get the book you wanted? If not PM me. Lest your still having PM issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Did you get the book you wanted? If not PM me. Lest your still having PM issues?
    Hey, I PM'd you!

This is not an easy source. My last resort was to download a PDF and have a high quality text to speech engine read it. I can't even find a PDF source. Best I could do at this stage is link to Amazon. It matters little that the amazon site american. I have bought books and CDs from them and I live in Australia.

You can purchase the Audio CD NEW for aprox 12.74 US = 9.7 BP OR you can buy a Used CD (my preference as you can rip the audio once you get the CD) from as little as 8.75US = 6.6BP (Conversion rate going by google at time of this post)

Here is the link:

It has some good reviews. If I had that money I would purchase and then provide you a source. Alas ... I am all spent. Best I can do is keep looking for a PDF then record you a high quality text to speech ... but like I say, I am still struggling to even find a pdf.

Best I can do at this stage. Will keep trying a little more. I like a good challenge!

I tell you what ... in the mean time while your deciding on what to do with Claire Weekes ... would you be interested in:

Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst by Robert M. Sapolsky. Video presentation that gives insight into his book → Here "...It will help one to better understand the causes and consequences of stress..."

From one of 199 reviews on amazon:
    The newest on brain science by the world wide expert, Robert Sapolsky. After watching a class taught by him on Great Courses, my husband and I felt he was a leading expert in his field. He also can hold an audience, keeping you interested by inserting anecdotes into what can sometimes be an overwhelming amount of scientific information. In this book, you will learn how much your "subconscious" runs your life. You will see that sometimes why you did something is caused by a butterfly effect that started months ago. You will have a much greater understanding of people and why they do what they do. So worth reading. Amazing achievement, this book, this author, deserves your attention. He's on the cutting edge of our growing base of brain science.

I'm more into other areas of consciousness myself; specifically more into the spiritual arena. However I also find the science very interesting. This would be a nice extension on my limited understanding of neuroscience. I can hook you up to an audio source of this book if your interested? Knowledge on how the brain ticks and why people act the way they do can be a powerful tool in the world of anxiety and depression. I understand if it's not your thing.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-10-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Sensitised as in traumatized by this wonderfully imperfect world.
    I agree....
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer