Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Has anyone tried Quetiapine for anxiety and panic attacks?

Hey

I suffer anxiety and panic attacks but i cant find a reason. They just randomly happen.

Ive tried some medications and have helped but the one that helped most made me put on weight so i hated it

Has anyone tried Quetiapine?

I've read its for bi polar but im told it also helps anxiety

Thanks
    Amy

Also known as Seroquel. Opinions will vary, however if you check out the link below you will find a large group of people who have suffered terribly with this drug:

Link → Coming Off Seroquel / Quetiapine

Getting hooked is easy! Like most drugs. Coming off Seroquel is a NIGHTMARE. Just check out the 'user' comments. My name among them 'Dave' ... I was at that time going through the process of weaning myself off. If not done properly its one of those drugs that can kill you if you don't come off it slowly.

Quoted from above link:
    Many people take it and it works great to help people manage the positive symptoms of schizophrenia. It also helps prevent major mood swings among individuals with bipolar disorder. With that said, not everyone responds well to this drug – in some cases the side effects become unbearable. Additionally, for some individuals this drug doesn’t work well enough to justify continued usage.

For me ... I put on a TON of weight. I was just short of developing metabolic syndrome when I knew I had to come off it. Whilst used for sleep disorders (which is ludicrous) it tends to lead into sleep issues such as chronic insomnia. Hives is also something I suffered terribly when attempting to come off or on a low dose. I was suicidal in the end and clutching at straws as to why I should continue suffering like so. It was my brother's own passive suicide that motivated me to come of not only Quetipine which I knew was slowly and painfully killing me, but I gave up all the drugs and started the long process of implementing a natural alternatives conducive to healing where I no longer required using chemical solutions for lifestyle related problems.

Unless your using this drug to treat schizophrenic symptoms I would advice against this drug. I know many people personally who claim that this is a wonder drug, however imo most of them are obese, have sleeping issues, low motivation, depressed and heavily rely on other medications to offset various side effects to that of previous prescriptions.

Best thing I did was come off that drug ... the process in doing so lead me to being completely drug free.

Whatever works for you though. That's just my story. Once again, you can find other opinions on that drug through users comments at the above link.

All the best!

PS - I beleive this drug also has been detrimental to me cognitive wise. In much the same way I have been affect by trauma ... so to this drug has the capacity to mess with the brain. (it's a trade off I guess ... not worth it imo)
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-06-2017 at 03:45 PM.

I'm not a doctor, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but it's worth exhausting all over options before trying anti-psychotic meds. They can be a can of worms.

When you scan over your life, are there any areas that give you tension? Any issues that feel unresolved? Any parts of you that don't feel healthy? Sometimes, when you have imbalances in your life, you can develop free-flowing anxiety, which doesn't really have an obvious cause.
    Last edited by martin05; 11-06-2017 at 04:57 PM.

The bipolar meds are likely to cause weight gain. Not all of the antidepressants cause weight gain, some are weight neutral. Talk to your doctor.

Thanks peeps

Nothing i can ever think of no. Its just there

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    I'm not a doctor, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but it's worth exhausting all over options before trying anti-psychotic meds. They can be a can of worms.

When you scan over your life, are there any areas that give you tension? Any issues that feel unresolved? Any parts of you that don't feel healthy? Sometimes, when you have imbalances in your life, you can develop free-flowing anxiety, which doesn't really have an obvious cause.
    Nothing i can ever think of. Its just there

Thanks. . Just going through process atm of deciding on a few things

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post

Nothing i can think of unfortunately. Its just there