Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anxiety over spouse illness’s

My husband has been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver.... last night h,e passed out in front of me. The dr can’t find a reason. I took him to the er. I was reading about a Vegus nerve being the culprit as he ate very late and had a bad stomach ache, felt nauseous. My problem is that I suffer greatly from anxiety and depression. These issues are making me paranoid something is going to happen to him. I thought he was having a heart attack last night. Can anyone give me some advice to help me? I am so afraid something is wrong and I will lose him. All I do is worry about him and what is going on . It is affecting everything in my life. He says people pass out all the time for different reasons, and he is not worried but I am...please help me!

Anyone without an anxiety disorder would be anxious in this situation so know that it's normal when your spouse has a diagnosis like that. Try not to get too worked up about every little thing but if you need to, see a doctor to see if they can help you manage your worry.

I’m so sorry to hear that, girl. My heart goes out to you at this time. I know how difficult and painful it must be for you to see your husband go through this. I just said a prayer for him, and I hope that God will touch him with His healing hands and strengthen him. Are you seeing a therapist for your anxiety and depression? A caring professional might be able to give you some solid guidance. I know it’s not easy right now but stay strong. Hugs!

I think my problem is he dropped right in front of me. All I see when I close my eyes is him falling backward and and hitting the floor. He says he didn’t pass out he got really dizzy and lost his balance... I thought he had a heart attack. Hid dad dropped of a heart attack like that very quickly...So I think I may have some post traumatic stress or something. I still hear that thud of him falling in my head.... I can’t sleep and it is occupying my every thought....uggghhhh.