Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello,
    My name is William. I don't have any diagnosed anxiety or panic disorders, but I need to get assessed at some point soon because I've let things get too out of hand. I'm generally hyper-functional, but if anything goes even marginally awry my heart rate jumps up 50 beats per minute, I feel blood rush to my head, and I can't sleep for days. I used to be very stable, but an emotionally abusive relationship shredded that. I'm here because I need support, but also because I want to support other people with anxiety and panic disorders in any way that I can. Please, ask me anything!

Hi William. Welcome to the forum. Glad you have joined us.

What kind of things do you enjoy doing?

I run competitively, I volunteer at the emergency food bank, and I love animals and music

I can gel with that. A few of those purists I myself enjoy.

Do you play an instrument by any chance? I've just started learning to play the Native American Flute. I've find that kind of music very relaxing.

I play guitar very casually, and I've fooled around with dulcimer and bass. I feel like you may be onto something; some kind of woodwind instrument like the harmonica or flute could probably be pretty relaxing. How did you become interested in the Native American Flute?