Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I think my doctor needs meds too

In 2014 I had a bad time got back on Clonazepam 0.5 mg twice a day and felt better. I have ptsd, agoraphobia and panic disorder. I thought 1mg a day was doing good. I even went back to college, finishing in May. Then my doctor moved out of state and I have this doctor who acts like she doesn't like me. I felt bullied off my 0.5 twice a day and went to 0.25 twice a day. I ran out early because of finals and health concerns. She decides to take me off Clonazepam and puts me on Propranolol and when I let her know my side effects she says," You know what quit taking that and just don't take anything".... The propranolol side effects were dizziness and feeling faint but I asked her because I wondered if it was temporary. I need something I can't just have nothing. Anyone take propranolol?

Venus

Hi and welcome, Venus

I was prescribed propranolol years ago and never took it because of what I’d heard.

It’s probably very “un-PC” to say but I’ve always found female doctors/psychologists to be quite bitchy. Maybe because it’s such a male-dominaed profession. I’ve been seeing the same (male) psychiatrist for over 20 years and we work together quite well. I also see a male GP who really gets me.

If I were you (and had the energy and options) I’d sack that doctor. I’ve done it before

Cheers,
    Gypsy x

P.S. I laughed at your subject heading. I’ve often thought that too! Trust your gut instinct
    Last edited by gypsylee; 10-26-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

If at all possible, see another doctor. Our doctors are supposed to work with us to help us, and she should have never dismissed your concerns and said, "Just don't take anything". There are two schools: one group of doctors thinks benzodiazepines like clonazepam have a proper place in treating anxiety and the other school says to not use them at all.

From what you've told us, your doctor sounds passive aggressive. I guess they are human too, so are prone to the same mental and emotional hangups as the rest of us.

I agree with the guys, getting a new doc seems to be the way forward.

I agree with Anne. I think you should see another doctor instead, Venus, because this is your life you're talking about, which makes it real bad to be working with a doctor that is not the right doctor for you.