Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Heart CT machines for people with anxiety

does anyone know if there is a heart CT machine that doesnt require the patient to get so close to the machine?

Not that I'm aware of, but you could call the facility where you're going to be tested and ask to speak to a technician. They are used to treating patients w/ anxiety disorders, they're so common, and obviously have solutions e.g. open MRI, but not sure if there's an alternative CT machine. Can't hurt to ask.

At our hospital where CT scans and MRIs are done, a patient can ask the referring physician to indicate that the patient needs a low dose of Ativan. I have just taken my brother through 3 scans and a biopsy and he is very high anxiety and the Ativan simply made it all possible . . . the technicians were extremely accommodating . . . the only "issue" my brother had was being unfamiliar with the different sounds that the machine makes . . . I agree with Fashoom . . . just ask but also discuss your anxiety with your referring physician . . . let us know how it works out when you can . . .take care, kc