Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60

Increasing zoloft dose - will startup side effects re-appear?

Hi all,
    started on 25mg Zoloft (slow start due to potential of short term increase in panic symptoms), it's been a week now. Slight increase in anxiety, but mostly nausea that lasts most of the day.
    I've tried taking on full stomach etc and it helps a little, but nausea is still there.
    If that's only going to last another week, then I can struggle through that.

But my doc's plan is that I will up dose to 50mg very soon, and then 100mg after that.
    Will I get these startup symptoms all over again? If, so are they as bad?
    Or is the intial startup the worst bit, and then maybe milder side-effects each dose increase? That's what I'm hoping.

Thanks!!

Hi and welcome

I typed a reply and my finger hit something on the iPad and it disappeared!

Anyway, I said it’s hard to say how you’ll react because brain chemistry is so individual and complex. I stay on SSRIs (Prozac) even if I feel ok, just to avoid that initial period. I don’t think the symptoms will be so bad with the increse in dosage but I really don’t know.

Good luck!
    Gypsy x
    "..We are told no, we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, but you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world." --Terence McKenna