Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: introduction

Smile new to forum: introduction

hello all,

i am francesca, username: capricornbug

i am a college student, 19 and i love animals, films (my major) and learning.

i have been suffering from anxiety and depression for about six years now.

my anxiety is mostly social, "caused" by people but also stems from a fear of the unknown

i currently am seeing a counselor and taking 50mg of zoloft but do not think it has affected me whatsoever

i really hope to share my concerns with people on here so i can stop feeling like im crazy and get more help

if anyone ever wants to chat one on one i am open to that

thanks for this space
    Last edited by capricornbug; 10-16-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Hi Francesca . . . what a wonderful major! Do you have a specific genre of film that you are interested in studying? I just finished watching one of my favourite movies (Double Indemnity) . . . there are so many levels to film. I think that you will find that anyone who participates in this forum will be very welcoming to you and support you and, by the way, you are not "crazy" ---- that's how anxiety works to get control over us but there are many strategies to start to manage the anxiety . . . as a very good friend told me though this is a process and not a one time event . . . .and you have taken some pretty giant steps to getting to manage your version of anxiety . . . . check in with us whenever you feel like it . . .I think that you will be happy that you gave the forum a try . . . take care, kc

Welcome Francesca
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

That's a pretty low dose of Zoloft. You may need more to feel the good effects.
    Good for you for reaching out and getting help.