Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Post Not sure if posted, new here

Hello,
    My name is Leah, I suffer with anxiety, it started in my 2nd year of university which was 5 years ago since then I have gone from bad to worse. The pressure of finding work once I graduated was a big factor, the thought of my future had me on edge so I decided to stay at home for a year and then get back to job hunting, unfortunately that wasn’t the case and my situation just got more difficult, finding work had been a task at first I was applying with ease receiving replies with interviews however I didn’t secure a job and was turned down from most interviews or I felt the jobs were not right for me.

As the years have gone on i became a recluse the rejection got the better of me so stopped applying for jobs for some time as a result of my impending anxiety. I am currently trying to get my life back on track but my social anxiety is getting in the way of that... I used to be comfortable enough to hold a conversation but I find it so challenging now..

Welcome to this forum, Leah.
    I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. Wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you without a job. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort, peace, and provide the strength and help you need at this time. Are you seeing a therapist for your anxiety? Please know that you can always come here to share, and you’ll find a lot of support here. Stay strong, girl. Hugs!

Hi Leah and welcome

I hope you find some comfort here amongst us anxiety-ridden folk.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hello,

thank you so much for your prayers & kind words, I appreciate you!
    I’m not currently seeing a therapist for my anxiety but I do see a homeopath from time to time, sometimes the herbal medicines do help. I haven’t really been able to completely open up to anyone regarding my anxiety, this forum is probably the first time where I’ve sort of let everything out in terms of speaking to someone. I’m glad that this is a place I can share knowing that there’s lovely people willing to listen & support ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Leah_l View Post
    Hello,

thank you so much for your prayers & kind words, I appreciate you!
    I’m not currently seeing a therapist for my anxiety but I do see a homeopath from time to time, sometimes the herbal medicines do help. I haven’t really been able to completely open up to anyone regarding my anxiety, this forum is probably the first time where I’ve sort of let everything out in terms of speaking to someone. I’m glad that this is a place I can share knowing that there’s lovely people willing to listen & support ❤️
    Hope you've had a good week Leah.

What kind of herbal remedies have you tried? In the past, I've experimented with Valerian and chamomile, but have never gotten into the habit of using them long-term for some reason.