Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Red face We probably have a lot in common

Hey everyone I just joined this forum so that I could gain a new outlook on thing and maybe help others with their anxiety issues. Ive been going through anxiety, depression and PTSD for years now. Its been a huge struggle. Especially not having insurance to seek professional help. I have been trying to cope on my own and its been hard. I was shot at a party years ago and was almost paralyzed, thank god I made it out ok. Ever since then I have had the worst anxiety, panic attacks, flash backs, you name it! I went from being the happiest athletic person to being anemic, depressed, and I havent been able to keep a job since it happened which was 2012.

Well anyways I just wanted to introduce myself!! Thanks for listening!

Hi MEmily and welcome

Luckily in Australia we still have a half-decent medical system and don’t need insurance for professional help. What we have is pretty average in my opinion, but I am grateful for the help I get with my severe anxiety.

Hope you find this forum helpful..

Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Oh well thats good to hear gypsylee that your getting the help you need. Hope everything goes good for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by MEmily1105 View Post
    Hey everyone I just joined this forum so that I could gain a new outlook on thing and maybe help others with their anxiety issues. Ive been going through anxiety, depression and PTSD for years now. Its been a huge struggle. Especially not having insurance to seek professional help. I have been trying to cope on my own and its been hard. I was shot at a party years ago and was almost paralyzed, thank god I made it out ok. Ever since then I have had the worst anxiety, panic attacks, flash backs, you name it! I went from being the happiest athletic person to being anemic, depressed, and I havent been able to keep a job since it happened which was 2012.

Well anyways I just wanted to introduce myself!! Thanks for listening!
    Welcome To The Forum!!!

And we will keep on listening as long as you need to talk.

Have you seen a Doctor or been on any meds?

Welcome aboard, MEmily!
    I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. Wish I could give you a hug. I know it’s not easy to go through what you’re experiencing. Depression is a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. You mentioned that you’re unable to seek professional help. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. It might be worth giving them a call. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and provide the strength and help you need at this time. Please know that you can always come here to share and we’re all here to support you. Stay strong. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Thank you so much littlestarsmum!! I really appreciate the support and info. Yea I dont really have a good connection with my family so its good to be able to come on here and speak to someone.

NAJ I was on some medication after the situation happened but only for a short time because i lost my insurance so I havent been able to get any meds or see a doctor for it in years!!

I have been trying these natural supplements for the last few weeks and there actually pretty good!!

Quote Originally Posted by MEmily1105 View Post
    Thank you so much littlestarsmum!! I really appreciate the support and info. Yea I dont really have a good connection with my family so its good to be able to come on here and speak to someone.

NAJ I was on some medication after the situation happened but only for a short time because i lost my insurance so I havent been able to get any meds or see a doctor for it in years!!

I have been trying these natural supplements for the last few weeks and there actually pretty good!!
    I hope the supplements work for you and help to ease the anxiety.
    (From my lips to God's ears)

If you ever do get to see a doctor again and want to try anti-depressants again Citalopram (generic Celexa) is on the $4/$10 drug list.