Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Feeling sad and lonely for no reason

I have a wonderful life.
    I thank God and Jesus for it constantly.
    Sometimes, I just get so sad for no reason.
    I feel lonely every other day.
    I'm trying to find my place in college at the moment.
    I try so hard to get a guy's attention, and it always goes down in flames.
    Either they're not interested, or I screw something up.
    It's so frustrating.
    I am so grateful for the life I have at home, though.
    Praise God for it.
    It's just that I want to be valued by others.
    I just want to be appreciated.
    I want a guy to like me.
    I'm not desperate.
    I just want to be loved and cared for by a guy.
    I want the love to flow both ways and not just one.
    I want to be wanted.

Hi and welcome
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

It will come. Just give it time. You'll find someone that will be right for you. Don't get discouraged and remember the more guys you meet, the better your chances are of finding someone so join as many groups/clubs as you can.

Lilah, their are one or more reasons why you get depressed. Identifying why will give you insight and may help you a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    Lilah, their are one or more reasons why you get depressed. Identifying why will give you insight and may help you a lot.
    Well said.

Apply all those wants to loving yourself ... it's easy not to be kind to self when busy feeling so sad about all your wants.

My take is that our culture is bent on finding the answers in others, when really all we need do is look within. Once you find contentment and peace with self, the things you pine for no longer matter where only then you attract those the things that truly count. Take a break from the looking and usually then things then fall into place.

Works when I'm trying to find my keys.

Welcome to the forum!

Once I gave up God & Jesus, it got much easier for me. All those elements did for me was give me a long list of standards into which if I did not fit ... low and behold ... a long and lonely life. Just goes to show we are all different and what works for one might indeed affect another. Religion is well known for that.

You might find more alignment along that path in a Christian Forum. Food for thought?

If you must beleive in something ... at least beleive in yourself.

We all want that. :-)

Hi there, according to me this can be the kind of social anxiety. You need to do the things which make you happy and busy. I am sure that you will get the right person for you. You can also take the help of professionals who can help to cure your situation. I have heard positive reviews about Martine-voyance. I think you can try for this.

Is it nice?

I feel the same way. I have a great life and I have no real reasons to feel depressed, but I still wake up every morning with zero motivation and this sadness all around me. I think I actually like the sadness, because it's easier to feel those negative feelings than to force yourself to switch your mind to a positive one. I think starting with yourself first is important before expecting something of others. You need to be okay with who you are, and you need to find that one thing that makes you unique and special and love yourself for it. Don't ask me how you do that, cause I have no idea how. Still fighting to find that within myself.

Wise words meero. It's ok not to know. Being ok with not knowing leads to acceptance which leads to being. Being present without dwelling on past or future in a way that drags us down. The more we analyze, the further we go down.

Thus meditation or the intentional act not to think in an environment conducive to freeing the mind help me to develop a healthy sense of solace vs feeling all alone.