Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ivanmiller is right - we have 2 dogs and they do fight frequently. We try to manage things so they don't attack each other, but sometimes dogs need to work things out their way. The best advice I have is to let them out into a fenced yard and wait until they resolve the problem and/or tire themselves out.

I am planning to only have one dog no other pets. I think I might have found my dog I hope it is still there when I go first thing when the place opens. I'm so nervous and excited that I can't sleep.

Good luck! I hope you get the dog you wanted.

Get Bearded Dragons.. They're like reptilian dogs
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I went to the shelter to look at the dog I thought I wanted then I ending up seeing an older dog She is estimated to be 6 years old and I fell in love with her. She gave me kisses on my hand and jumped up in the cage to reach my hand some more. Yesterday she wasn't available for adoption because dogs need to be there for four days in case owner is looking for them. Today my husband and I went to go have a meet and greet with her and she is so sweet affectionate and playful. She rolled over on her back and begged for my husband to give her a belly rub. We kept petting her when I stopped for a second she nudged her head against my leg to pet her more and she even talked to up with a cute whimper sound. I kept thinking before that I wanted a puppy or 1 -2 year old dog but this girl looks and acts like a puppy she is so hard to resist. She is part Shih Tzu part Chihuahua. Mostly dark brown and white on her belly. She is so soft too. We adopted her after the meet and greet but don't get to bring her home till Monday because she is getting spayed, and treated for heart worm and ticks. We decided to name her Hershey because she has a sweet personality and she looks dark like milk chocolate.

I wanted a dog for Christmas, but i was told ................... you can't have one, you'll have turkey like everybody else
    Sorry. I'll get my coat.
    Seriously now. I have wanted to get myself for a long long time. At least when i got home someone maybe there glad to see me.
    What has put me off is, i'm here by myself. I thought if i were ever to have to go away, even if only for a day or two, or if i'm ever sick, who would take care of the dog, feed him and take him for walks. I can't think of anyone that i could ask.

Hi i have 2 whippets there the kind of hound that love cuddles and walks they're very good comforting as all they need is love and are a breed that usaualy keep good health ive had several dogs over the years if you would like a dog to be devoted to you as the owner a border collie is a good choice they thrive to please to one the look at as the owner

I have always wanted to get a dog. My friend has one, and it is adorable. Dogs can help us dealing with anxiety. We should all get a dog.

WorriedGirl, congrats on adopting the dog. Obviously the girl chose you, so you ended with around 6 years old, Small dogs live have a very long life span, so you probably going to have her for another 14 years or so. It is so good of you to adopt older dog.
    I do not own dog anymore, putting down my old one was too much for me. I am scared of that goodbyes so not , I enjoy very much when my daughter brings her dog (he is so cute havanese cross) for dog sitting
    My anxiety was always a little better when my dog was close to me.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore