Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Newbie

Hi I am new to this board . I have suffered from anxiety and depression since having my children 30 odd years ago
    I go through bouts where I am okay and then out of the blue anxiety will kick in big time.
    Going through a big bout of anxiety at the minute and obsessing at the minute about my teeth feel like I'm going crazy at times
    Being at work helps as it takes my mind off it but I haven't got a big support network as not everyone understands

Hey Denise,

That's a long time to suffer. When you say you're obsessing about your teeth, what you do mean? As in worries about dental problems?

At the moment I'm worrying about my teeth but it can be anything. The anxiety kicks in just when you don't need it and sort of takes hold

Yeah, very true. It's a bit like a weed, really, in that it attaches itself to whatever it can. Have you ever had any kind of psychotherapy for anxiety?

Not really I have been to counseling,it helped a bit but just go over the same stuff all the time

Hello and Welcome,
    Have you considered talking to your Dr. about medication?
    I know a lot of people are leary about meds but for me they have made my anxiety "livable" with virtually no side effects, just another option to consider.

Hi
    I have had medication years ago and I did have done last year but they were sending me a bit loopy so stopped taking them
    I do take calms regularly which do help a bit but it's when the anxiety takes hold out the blue that I struggle